“Delightful Lunch”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I went with a colleague for lunch. It was my second time here and I wanted to try something other than Wiener Schnitzel (I had it last time), so I asked the server. I went with one of his suggestions, the Smoked Boned Pork Hock with Potato Salad. The whole meal was fantastic and reasonably priced. Unfortunately, I didn't have room for dessert, but maybe next time.

There are newer reviews for Bistro Praha

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Friends of mine took us here for dinner recently and spoke very highly of the place (they go almost every time they're in Edmonton)... and we were not disappointed. The food was absolutely delicious! While a little cramped (there is not a lot of room between tables), it is best to make a reservation in advance. I will definitely go back some day!

Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I have been coming here for over thirty years. If we come after a concert, we frequently see the musicians and singers at the nearby tables. We ate well tonight. I had the Wiener schnitzel cordon bleu and my wife had pork hocks. For starters we had cabbage soup and the Sarka salad. All very nice. We drank the house cab-sav and bubbly. Also very nice. One imperfection in the meal: the sodium-loaded, out-of-the-bottle Italian dressing on my small green salad. Overall, really fine.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

The worst dinner I've ever had! The food was greasy and disgusting, if there was a way to give a MINUS rating, I would give it. I returned one dish to get a second which was almost as bad. The Schnitzel Parisienne was disgusting - the breading was grey (uncooked) & grease poured out when I cut into it, I returned it and asked for the Sole Fillet which also had grease come out when I cut into it. My wife also ordered the Sole Fillet and the mushrooms we received were drowned in grease & butter, her meal was barely palatable. I felt sick to my stomach and didn't dare try anything else. I was born in the Czech Republic, I've visited and eaten in many restaurants there and, my mother cooks Czech meals whenever I come over. If the owner is trying to portray those meals as a Czech cuisine, it's a horrible injustice to the Czech community. The Czech version of Restaurant Takeover is BADLY NEEDED!

1  Thank Jerry C
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Another restaurant I've been going to for years, hardy food, reasonable prices, good service. Good for special occasions.