“Good Mexican Food”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 5, 2014

New place that just opened up less than a month ago when we tried out this place for an early dinner on Saturday. It wasn't busy yet, maybe three other tables when we got there. Nice but nothing too fancy. Lots of choices on the menu. We ordered the chicken empanadas and the beef empanadas. Waited wait too long before the food came out (~15 minutes or so). Fair/Good size helping for dinner. The food was good and tasty. I would have preferred it too be more spicy/hot but I don't think they give you the choice. Service was friendly. I think there may have been a chalkboard with specials on it at the back behind the counter but it wasn't legible from our table and the server didn't mention any specials to us. Overall its a good place to eat if you have a craving for Mexican food. 3.5 to 4 stars.

1  Thank Peterm5555

Reviewed March 29, 2014

I have been here 3 times and have never been disappointed. Staff very pleasant and enjoyable music. Makes me feel warm inside even when it is -30c out.

Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

Our friends bought a groupon and invited us out with them. We had to book a reservation as it's very busy. We went on a Saturday night at 8. When we arrived the place was packed. Their was a singer there who I thought was awesome. The atmosphere seemed like we really were in Mexico.

The menu was quite large offering quite a few Mexican favourites. I choose the chicken empanadas. My husband asked for the fish tacos that were on special that night but they unfortunately had already sold out & was suggested beef brisket tacos instead. They have a huge selection of margaritas. Although I couldn't have any as I'm pregnant our friends had a few different kinds and really enjoyed each one except the mojito one in which tasted too strongly of tequila.

We were served freshly made homemade chips and salsa. I'm sure the chips were just made because they were very greasy still just out of the deep fryer.

Our food came at a reasonable time. My plate included the 3 chicken empanadas, a scoop of Mexican rice, a large helping of black beans, and small portions of guacamole, sour cream & excellent homemade salsa. I found my empanadas to taste very bland. The menu said they came with potatoes inside but that's all I could taste was the potato. Once I had a hard time cutting a piece of empanada because the chicken was so tough but still I couldn't taste and chicken when I ate it. No flavour at all. My rice wasn't much better. I didn't try the black beans as I don't like beans but they looked so gross I don't think I would have tried them even if I did like beans. Yuck!

My husband could only eat one of his brisket tacos. He said the meat was so tough that he couldn't even force himself to eat another one. Not nice.

Ii would recommend this place if you wanted a great Mexican atmosphere for drinks. The drinks looked really yummy. But I wouldn't recommend it for the food.

Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

These guys know how to so it right . I spend most of my winters in Mexico and this place beats out half the restaurants down there . Everything is delicious and authentic. We enjoy it every time we go .

Reviewed January 22, 2014

Good food, however seemed rather pricey for lunch. $7.95 for 1/2 c of guacamole seemed steep though was very tasty. You get complimentary taco chips. Vegetarian tacos were very tasty. Menu was well marked for what meals could be made vegetarian. Friendly wait staff.