“A Taste of Mexico!!!” 4 of 5 bubbles

The Three Amigos
Ranked #198 of 2,376 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: Latin, Mexican, Spanish
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
“A Taste of Mexico!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

Recently went to this restaurant through a deal with Groupon. My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed ourselves - really felt as though we were in Mexico - food was excellent, great service and the Mexican atmosphere was awesome. Loved it!! There was a fellow walking around with a sombrero and playing the guitar while we ate. If you are a lover of Mexico, you must try this place.

• Visited May 2013

Edmonton, Canada
“Mexican at 30 below”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

Great Mexican with all the food home made and very tasty! As a lover of refried beans the beans at Three Amigos were the best that I have ever had .I was hoping to be able to eat my wife's refried beans but she tried them and liked them to the extent that there was none for me. I will have to return for some more of the excellent refried beans made from black beans.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
St. Albert, Canada
“Great Atmosphere, Great Chips...Everything else horrid.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

First off the atmosphere was great!
But I am very disapointed with almost everything else...my boyfriend took me here because he knows I looooove mexican food and I am always saying I want to go to Palm Springs because of the food (by far the best place to get mexican food if your not in mexico!)

I had high hopes walking in, very nice decorations and I noticed they had my favorite soda (jarritos). We ordered Guacamole to start...the chips were AMAZING I thought I had found a place as good as Palm Springs!

For my meal I ordered a Bean Burrito (did not see it on the menu so I asked if they could do one and they said it was the vegitarian version on the one on the menu! Score!

Well it came out abd did not look like a buritto to me but looked good so did not say anything....
Well...it was sooooo salty I could not eat it...it tasted like they dumped a whole box of salt in it!

I tired to flag down the waitress so I could tell her and get some water...I asked for water and as I was going to tell her the rest she walked away!!! She then left me the water and took off again.

I tried to eat it but there was no way....finally my boyfriend got her attention...which was hard to do! We asked for a menu saying I wanted to order something else because my dish was unedible....well...she took mine away gave me no menu....came back saying the make a new one....HELLO I WANTED A MENU AND NOT A DISH OF THE SAME SALT!

Well I told her that and she said well it is already made so have this...tasted the same!
At this point I was so frustrated and worried I had ruined our night by complaining that I started to tear up!

Only at this point did the cook(who was very nice!!!) come out and ask if it was okay....no it is not!
He then offered to make me something else...too late, my boyfriend had long finished his meal I was not going to sit around hoping for a decent meal.

They did not charge us for my meal...
Could not even tell you what my boyfriend ordered...to pissed off to remember...

Deff will never be back

• Visited April 2013
Edmonton, Canada
“Excellent Food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

My Dad, sister, and I went to Three Amigos on a Wednesday night. We had bought a groupon.
We had a to wait a little to be seated, even though there were tons of empty tables. Then once we sat down the service was great! the waiter even was saying gracias and de nada. It felt like we were in Mexico! The food was awesome. A lot of deep fried options, but who doesn't love that?? The food was great. I would definitely reccomend to try this restaurant if you love Mexican food!

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
“Nachos not recommended”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Went for lunch, had the groupon, ordered the nachos that were supposed to come with sour cream but it was only sprinkled on top. Was charged more for extra sour cream. Nachos were made with mozzarella ??? Did not receive plates or utensils, hardly any napkins. Will not go back.