“Great location”

West Edmonton Mall Inn
Ranked #55 of 91 Hotels in Edmonton
Reviewed July 21, 2014

This hotel is a bit dated,kind of tired. BUT the room was clean and you just could not beat the walkable location!!!! The hotel is across the road from the WEM and only a very short walk across a parking lot gets u inside. We would stay here again, just for the location.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Kerri187

Reviewed July 16, 2014

We stayed here for one night while we took the kids to the West Edmonton Mall. The lobby area and elevator were pretty run down looking, but the room itself was clean, nicer looking and comfortable. However the customer service was somewhat lacking; I'd had someone leave a package for me the day before I arrived, they were given a tag number so I could claim it. Despite me providing the tag number and exact time it was dropped off - the front desk lady kept saying nothing was there, and that 'no one endorsed anything to me' (???)
Eventually my husband went downstairs and asked to look around their office/storage room, lo and behold, the parcel was there with the tag attached….
Also the requested playpen wasn't in the room as requested, but they did bring it after we called to remind them.

So - not terrible but certainly not great.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Pinky88Toronto
Reviewed July 8, 2014

I will start by saying that it is very expensive for what it is! The location is good if you only want to go to West Edmonton Mall (you just have to cross the road and you're there). The room was big (2 double beds), the bed comfortable and there was a mini fridge in the room and a microwave at the reception. The room was cleaned everyday. The air conditioning wasn't great. Either too cold or too hot and very noisy! This was not a bad experience by any means, it is a pretty good hotel but it is very expensive for what it is.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa P
Reviewed July 3, 2014

We arrived at this hotel after 2 days of travelling. The outside entrance was dirty and the hotel looked tired and in need of updating. The entrance area and lifts too were dirty and needed cleaning. However the room was comfortable and served a purpose. The day staff were pleasant, nightstaff was very poor, eating breakfast behind the counter is unacceptable whilst dealing with customers.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank familyjames
Reviewed July 1, 2014

After a terrible experience in Edmonton thus far, this hotel had made my experience in Edmonton very great. We were able to get a room without a reservation, location was very convenient and were able to save gas by walking to the mall, the rooms were clean, the staff was very helpful on directions, best places to eat, (even conversation). The front desk was very clean, well managed, and very well decorated. The cleaning staff was very respectable and amazing. Although they do not have a restaurant, they provide vouchers at the fantasy land hotel. AMAZING experience and thank you to the wonderful staff who turned my Edmonton trip into a great one. Also, very quiet at night and during the day so it was perfect to study which was the intention of my trip

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Tj10110
Reviewed June 29, 2014

I arrived at 10:30 am on June 24th, hoping they would have a room available since check in is 4 pm. My flight had arrived at 9am, so I crossed my fingers. The friendly gentleman at the desk told me he had one room on the ground floor. Of course I accepted immediately. The room was clean and suited my needs for a 2 night stay. It had a small refrigerator and a coffee maker with all the fixings. Also a very large HD flatscreen TV. I have read some of the other reviews and they seem to say it all, so I do not want to be repetitive.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms facing north , give you a view of a covered fence 1 metre away from your window.