“So-So, but very close to WEM”

West Edmonton Mall Inn
Ranked #62 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
“So-So, but very close to WEM”
Reviewed May 7, 2014

I came for a conference at West Edmonton Mall. I see a review from three weeks ago that the elevator was down. It had not been repaired by this time of visit; fortunately I was only on the second floor. Room was clean but things are getting a little shabby and worn looking (carpet and bathroom particularly). I slept well and all was quiet. Staff were efficient and friendly enough. I came on expense account so normally I would pay a little more to stay someplace nicer - but if cost is a concern and you need to be near WEM, this is probably a good choice.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank BertaBoy
Fantasyland H, General Manager at West Edmonton Mall Inn, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
We have been working on upgrading our guest rooms and recently focused mainly on the bathrooms. Our goal is to provide the necessary upgrades in all of the guest rooms. Our team takes great pride in making sure our rooms are clean and that the service they are giving is friendly and efficient. We are definitely affordable with an excellent location right across from the mall. Thank you for your sharing your experience with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Oshawa, Canada
Reviewed May 6, 2014

I stayed at this hotel and it was great to be able to just walk across the street to the mall. Our room was clean and comfortable and the staff were friendly. I am coming back to Edmonton in June and will for sure stay here again.

1 Thank travelgirl7878
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. A clean and comfortable room together with friendly staff and top that with our location to the mall is what we take great pride in at West Edmonton Mall Inn. We are glad you had a great stay and we are looking forward to your return visit in June.
North Battleford, Canada
Reviewed April 27, 2014

We stayed here for the night of the 21st of April for a getaway with my kids to west Ed mall. This place was reasonably priced and could sell us attraction passes for very reasonable prices. We could buy as we decided instead of ordering online and committing.... The room was fine, the service was pleasant, we slept well and carried on. No complaints !

1 Thank Zeldazebla
Fantasyland H, General Manager at West Edmonton Mall Inn, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit to Edmonton. I am glad you found West Edmonton Mall Inn to be a very good choice to stay, where you can get a reasonably priced room, discounted passes and pleasant customer service and a good sleep. We are looking forward to your next getaway with the kids.
Bonnyville, Canada
Reviewed April 23, 2014

The room was clean, has a mini-fridge, usual toiletries, but a big 50in LCD screen. Their breakfast consists of a jug of orange juice and regular bread for making toast, some jams. Front desk was accommodating since we arrived at noon and they managed to get us into our room that early. They have an underground parking, but it was nice enough out that we parked at the front of the hotel. Location, now that is their selling point, you are right in front of the West Edm. mall entrance that leads straight into Bourbon street, so is very convenient. We got this on an Expedia sale at $130 before taxes, and it was a bargain at that point, but I don't think I would pay anything over $150 to stay here. If you're facing towards the mall, it's a little noisy, especially since we had to open the window as the room was too hot and could not control it using the thermostat.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GerryLakeland
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed April 14, 2014

We stayed at the West Edmonton Mall Inn in for the weekend.The room itself was updated and the beds were comfortable.There are no frills like hand lotion,shower caps,room service ect...If you want bottled water you have to buy it.Not a big deal for me but our guests said they would never go back.The elevator was down when we arrived so we had to do the stairs.When our guests checked in the following day they could not locate one of their rooms.They had to wait in the lobby for 45 minutes until they found one(didn'tunderstand as all 3 rooms were bought and paid for)Eventually they found them a room but offered no apologies for the wait.Upon leaving we discovered we left a phone charger in the room.Phoned the hotel to see if they had it.They were supposed to phone us back but never did.Tried calling them today to see if we could pick it up but got disconnected after being put on hold...very frustrating dealing with the front staff.I don't know if management cares or not but they should be training their staff better.

2 Thank freespirit246
Niagara Falls, Canada
Reviewed April 9, 2014

If you are not looking for anything fancy and don't mind a few inconveniences, this hotel is sufficient. No frills, but the water pressure was frustrating, toilet had to be flushed repeatedly and door would not bolt properly. Also, the free 'breakfast' offered was coffee with powdered creamer, toast with peanut butter jam and orange juice. To those trying to eat healthy, you would be better off walking down to McDonald's for some oatmeal… pretty disappointing.
On the bright side, awesome location to some really good restaurant options, comfortable bed and pretty quiet during the night.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Grande Prairie, Canada
Reviewed April 1, 2014

I am only rating the Inn 1 because I can't give it 0. Where do I even begin! First off the staff when I checked in around 4-5pm on Saturday were the only friendly staff. I chose this hotel due to the location and ease of access to West Edmonton Mall. The room itself was not very nice and needs upgrading the toilet was stained, the sheets on our bed had burn marks on them. When I forgot my key in my room the night auditor gave me a new key 4 times because everytime I went up to try the key it wouldn't open the which I was told this was apparently my fault, the 4th time the key finally worked after going up and down 4 times.The room did not have any extra blankets in it and the blankets that are on the beds are so thin, I froze all night. When I had checked in I asked if they gave AMA discounts and was told no however another person the hotel was told yes. When I went to checkout the next morning I noticed I was charged more than I when I had made the reservation when I booked online at the www.westedmontonmallinn.com so it wasn't even a 3rd party booking like expedia etc. When I checked out the older gentleman at the desk was angry and yelled at me that I should never book online and it was my fault and then proceeded to tell me he didn't have time for this "crap". After much debate and me having to show proof he finally refunded my money back to me. I will never stay here again and it was definitely not worth $169.00/night let alone the $200/night they were trying to charge me. I stay in hotels lots for work and work in a hotel and this kind of behaviour is unacceptable. I feel cheaped out for even having to pay for my room hotel with this kind of service and the state the rooms are in.

Room Tip: Do not stay here