“Go there for the mall”

West Edmonton Mall Inn
Ranked #58 of 91 Hotels in Edmonton
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Rm on ground floor. 2 adults, one midweek night stay

Good: location, large rooms, quiet, microwave, apples/cookies/juice at reception, slept well despite facing main road, LCD TV, clean
Bad: internet 8.95, faucet leaking, no introductory folder to give you information about the hotel, the rooms, etc.

Stay again? Yes

Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank realrayman

Reviewed July 1, 2012

What a deception!
I was there for 2 nights with my family and our goal was to spend that time at the West Edmonton Mall's many attractions. We thought that having a hotel right in front was a good idea. It was, but the hotel itself is not worth it at all: our room was on the 1st floor and it smelled bad. One of the drawers would not close properly, the A/C was very noisy and the overall look of the room was what you would have expected in the 90's. We could easily hear children running or people walking on the the above floor late in the evening! Lobby staff is friendly, though.

Room Tip: To choose a better room, choose another hotel. It's that simple.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Martin_B642
Reviewed April 22, 2012

I was very pleased with my stay at the West Edmonton Mall Inn, literally 20 steps from a cross walk that brings you straight the the parking lot of the mall. Clean updated rooms with granite counter, nice bed, super soft sheets and good pillows. And oddly enough great tasting tap water! Couldn't have asked for more!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank lovesit709
Reviewed March 12, 2012

I recently have had the pleasure of staying at this small hotel across the street from the West Edmonton Mall (access WEM through Bourbon Street/restaurant älley) because it was the team hotel on both occasions for the Cheer competition held at WEM. To preface, this is not my usual accomodation of choice, but again, for what I was expecting, the price and the cleanliness, this small establishment really delivered!

Check-in:
Quick and accurate with friendly front desk staff.

Room:
Non-smoking 2 queen beds. Very clean room! I check everything......bathtubs to searching for dust bunnies behind furniture. On to bedding.....and I am a serious bed snob! Checked mattresses and area ( I do this at all hotels including the many 5 stars that I have visited). Clean mattresses, nice crisp sheets....all in line for what I was expecting. Room was adequate size with ergonomic washroom. Towels were adequate. Mini fridge in room. On demand movies ( could not preview before ordering....take note.)

Conclusion:
I really enjoyed the atmosphere of this hotel. All staff were pleasant and seemed truly interested in my comfort. My daughter's cheer team was carefully looked after as well. The hotel was obviously in the know to separate the"team" rooms from the folks who enjoy a good nights rest like moi! I would not hesitate to stay here for a quick visit to WEM. I gave this property a 5 circle rating because as a 3 star resort it more than lived up to my expectations. Happy and safe travels.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank WEARECANADIAN
Reviewed January 30, 2012

This hotel offers a very convientent location if you plan on spending any time at West Edmonton Mall. They offer discount passes to the water park as well. Beyond that, check in was easy and the rooms were clean. This isn't what I would consider a really nice hotel and it was fairly expensive for what it offered. If you need to stay near the mall and have limited or no transportation this is a good option, otherwise spend less and stay a few blocks away.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank odellnap
Reviewed January 15, 2012

We were at west edmonton mall shopping for wedding dresses for my upcoming wedding. We had a fantastic weekend! The room was great and the staff was very friendly and helpful! Thank you for helping make my trip to Edmonton to find my dream dress one so memorable!

• Stayed: January 2012
2  Thank camarogurl69
Reviewed January 3, 2012

This is an ok property that is across the road from West Edmonton Mall.
That is about it. Nothing special, It is a place to sleep.
Too expensive for what you get.
This room is worth around $75 per night but my final bill was $213.58 after tax with no extras. Yes it was New Years Eve which is why it was a bit more but it wasn't worth it in reality.
The room was nice enough and was clean.
It had a coffee maker and a mini fridge.
There you go.
Find a deal some where else for cheaper with more amenities included.
No Swimming Pool or Restaurant attached.
I have posted pictures for the Internet rates and cost for water in your room.

Room Tip: I'm sure all the rooms are of the same standard.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family