“South African - East Indian Cuisine Edmonton”
Review of Narayanni's

Narayanni's
Ranked #361 of 2,555 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_UyM9KmLLM Please email me to submit a review. :)
Reviewed October 20, 2011

Narayanni's was the perfect place for a group of six to stop and eat. It's located just off Whyte Avenue and while it is a buffet, which made our stop very convenient, it was not like any buffet we'd had before. It was South African - East Indian Fusion, which meant it didn't have heavy creams, but was light and fresh. All the vegies were organic and locally sourced. The chicken was organic and free range. What's even more surprise was that there were many dishes that were good for our Celiac and also for the Vegan member of our group. Their wall was covered with positive reviews, and after one bite, I knew why -- the food is delicious, and not like any other Indian Buffet I'd ever been to. While it wasn't cheap, the food was so superior I was glad we paid a few extra dollars for organic and local cuisine. In all our travels we haven't come across another South African - East Indian restaurant. Next time we are in Edmonton we'll be stopping by. The family who runs it is very nice, too. They were kid friendly, which is a really blessing after you've been in a car with the little darlings for many hours. :) I hope others will be able to experience this restaurant.

Reviewed September 28, 2011

I have been to Narayanni's many times, and always make it a point to stop here whenever I am coming through Edmonton. This is hands down, the best Indian cuisine in the city. The food is prepared with such care and attention to detail, with the highest quality ingredients. The food is made with a South African flare, so it isn't your average curry made with heavy creams and unhealthy fats. The vegetables are organic, the chicken is free range, the lamb is raised in Alberta, and the desserts are splendid...all prepared by their own pastry chef. The atmosphere is welcoming and sophisticated, and you will never be left wanting.