“not upfront with customers”
Review of IHOP

IHOP
Ranked #155 of 2,513 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed February 23, 2012

Today we arrived at IHOP and were told there was a half hour wait, as they added our name to a waiting list. We waited, and so did many others. We noticed after 15 or 20 minutes, that nobody had gotten a table since we arrived. We continued to wait and they continued to add names to the waiting list. After a while, two irate customers came out and announced that they had been waiting over an hour and still had no food. They said that one of the kitchens was shut down! We abruptly followed them out the door. Why would management allow people to waste their time, and in the end, get no service. We should have been told that there was a problem, as soon as we arrived, giving us the chance to leave then, or stay for the long haul.
Not a fan of IHOP today. No service makes for unhappy customers !

Reviewed February 22, 2012

I have been to IHOP three of four times now since it opened, and I think it is just great. I have don't usually ventured off the breakfast type foods, but I would highly recommend the chicken florentine crepe. That is the reason I am writing this review. Great food, good service, and I think the prices are comparable to the US IHOPs, which surprised me.

Reviewed January 30, 2012

You are greeted in a friendly manner as you enter .. love the leaving of the pot of coffee on the table as you wait for the meal to arrive .. excellent pancake choices to accompany main choice .. lots of parking .. take your time when enjoying the great food choices!!

Reviewed January 23, 2012

I've been to this restaurant a few times now and the service is impeccable every time, from attentive waiters/waitresses to hot flavourful food at a great price. I recommend the cinna-stack pancakes or french toast! It's the only IHOP in Edmonton so it's very busy during the later morning hours, so go early!

Reviewed January 3, 2012

I didnt realise there was an IHOP in Edmonton. (One of only three in Canada - only one in Alberta)Been to them in USA before always one of my favourites. It was a long wait (40mins) Food was great - try the cinna-stack french toast (Awesome) Staff was very friendly. Cant wait to go back next time im in Edmonton.