“I would stay again”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Spruce Grove, Canada
“I would stay again”
Reviewed August 6, 2007

Booking on Priceline's name your own price, I thought we got an excellent deal for our money. We paid $80 before tax for a room on the "Club Floor" or the top floor of the hotel. It had recently been re-done, the decor was nice, amenities were great, TV swung out for a good view from the bed, the room was large, and the windows opened.
We did not use the pool or restaurants, so I cannot comment on either of those.
A false fire alarm did go off at 1:19 a.m., which made for a long walk down 22 flights of stairs! At least we got to ride the elevator back up and the staff was courteous.
My fiance didn't think the air conditioning ran very cold, but tends to think that of most Alberta hotels.
And, good or bad, you choose, when we ordered pizza in, I had to go down to get it from the lobby, rather than the delivery man being able to bring it up, as you have to have a room key to use the elevators.
I would recommend this hotel to other travelers, especially those needing downtown accommodation.

• Liked — value for price paid
  • Disliked — had to pay for parking in a muddy lot across the street, as parkade was full.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Tempestt C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
  • Korean first
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed August 5, 2007

$99 Cdn a night booked three days before a long weekend, and I saved more than $60 over two nights at the Crowne Plaza Chateau Lacombe, where I cancelled my res. Place was clean, room large and pleasant, quiet, they let me check in at 1130 after an early flight. Only real negative was that the bar was closed Sun night and the immediate area is kinda of bare of establishments, though I did find a Boston Pizza one block over. I would stay here again, though not for the $149 they were listing on their own website (I booked thru Expedia.ca)

• Liked — Price combined with a name brand hotel
  • Disliked — Limited Bar hours with not much readily available closeby
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled solo
7 Thank a78jumper
Calgary, AB
Reviewed March 22, 2007

I stayed here on business March 2007. My room rate was $154 a night. Overall the hotel is good and probably appropriate for the price I paid. I got the overall impression that it was an old hotel with recent renovations, but that that they cheaped out a bit when doing them. For example, in the halls you can tell the walls are old and the doors look a little dated. That being said, the room, TV sheets etc were very nice and I was very happy with the room, witch I guess is the most important thing. I was a little disapointed with the pool and Hot Tub. On their website the photo makes it look look really nice, but in reality it is a little old and run down (but not bad). I would stay here again as it was nice, and cheaper than other downtown hotels.

• Liked — room
  • Disliked — pool
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
3 Thank Family_Guy
Regina
Reviewed November 14, 2006

The hotel was very considerate during our stay, I got sick, then my wife got sick, then our 2 year old grandaughter got sick. The restaurant went out of their way to help us. The maid we had was also very helpful, as she realized we needed extra towels, sheets etc., etc.

I will stay here again.

Dave S.
Regina, Sk.

Stayed October 2006
4 Thank Daveonhudson
Edinburgh
Reviewed November 4, 2005

We stayed at the Coast Edmonton Plaza for 3 nights in September 2005. We found this hotel to be in a good location near to public transport and easy walking distance to downtown.

The room was clean and of a good size. We requested a non-smoking room but it was clear by the smell that previous occupants had smoked in the room. However, opening the windows and putting the air-conditioning on did help to get rid of the worst of the smell.

Although we were happy with our stay here the hotel could do with a little TLC.

5 Thank fmacmillan
Netherlands
Reviewed August 20, 2005

The hotel had a nice interior, a fine welcome at the reception and good service at the lounge. The room was nice and clean . The restaurant was a little understaffed.

• Stayed August 2005
2 Thank ascime
uk
Reviewed July 12, 2005

We (2 adults and 2 children - 5&6) were not impressed at all with this hotel. The room was non smoking room but had obviously been a smoking room not so long ago, the smell was arwful..we even went out and bought air freshner! The decor in the room was dark and dingy and it was like going back in time to the 1970's, not a place to relax in, we couldn't wait to get out. The bathroom was ok but could have been cleaner and we were puzzled why there was a bottle opener screwed on to the wall next to the toilet roll holder?? The pool and gym was nice we all thought it was the best part of the hotel.
Anyone going with children should be aware that there isn't anywhere to sit and have a drink (soft or otherwise) with the children. You can get room service (no thank you!) or sit in the restaurant, but we found that as soon as you had finished your meal you were expected to leave. The food by the way was lovely and can be recommended.
This hotel was one of three that we stayed in during our 11 day trip to Alberta and we have nothing but praise for the other hotels we stayed in so please do not think that we are a family of moaners, the rest of the trip was fantastic!

• Stayed June 2005