“Even Better Place to Stay”

Coast Edmonton Plaza Hotel
Ranked #14 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
GreenLeadersSilver level
Calgary
“Even Better Place to Stay”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Have been staying at this hotel for several years - under new leadership and is even better - friendly and helpful staff, terrific value with a downtown shuttle service available (Don is great).
Safe and secure feeling to the hotel, lots of amenities with spa and access to fitness.
Willing to go the extra mile to make the stay enjoyable.

Room Tip: Rooms on east side allow for great morning sun - looking across street at parking lot. Corner rooms...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
  • Korean first
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Yes, looking back it was a bad idea to take what I thought was going to be "a" pillow case which turned out to be "two" off the cleaning ladies cart. Had I known that the Hotel would use this opportunity to charge for towels and cleaning cloths, I would have left my sickness on the pillow and just thrown it out in the hallway with all the dirty dishes that stayed there from early afternoon till later in the evening. But due to a little bit of embarrassment I made a bad judgment call and now find myself paying over $100.00 for items I never did take; which the hotel staff are claiming they personally witnessed me taking... which a is a blatant lie. These people are opportunists and will try to make an extra buck even if they have to lie to get it. Just like their over priced parking, their pillowcases cost a fortune. I hope that after I suggest to all my friends in my FB Groups that at least a couple hundred people wont stay at this hotel at least once, that way I will feel vindicated for the towels and used cleaning rags they accused me of stealing... which of course I did not. Where I work I have an ample supply of both cleaning rags and towels that I can use for free and surely don't need to steal them from an old second rate hotel. Boooo to the Coast Edmonton Plaza Hotel and your not so honest staff... at least I confessed to my petty crime, more than I can say about the integrity of this staff for adding other peoples stolen items to the list of someone brave enough to admit to their wrong doing.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank Trina T
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 5, 2014

If you happen to stay in this hotel there are a few things that you need to know.

1. Ask for a room that is higher up. For example, ask for a room on floor 15.
2. I was on the 4th floor and my bed was hard as stone. Whereas, my friends bed on the 15th floor was soft and comfy.
3. The gym was very small and congested.
4. The hotel is locked up like a prison. You need a key to go everywhere.
5. The hotel is centrally located. It's surrounded by a plethora of shops and places to eat.
6. The furniture in my room was raggedy, scratched, and it appeared to be mauled.
I would never pay full price to stay at this hotel. It was just barely worth the 67$ a night I paid for it.

No Thank you!

Room Tip: request a room on a higher floor.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Fort McMurray, Canada
Reviewed March 5, 2014

I stayed at the Coast Edmonton Plaza Hotel at the end of February. The hotel is located just of Jasper Avenue and within a 4 minute walk to City Centre Mall. I prepaid the room at an average rate of $97. The room was big and very comfortable. The bed was very comfortable and clean. The elevators were very fast (we were on the 20th floor and the longest waiting for an elevator was 1 minute. The food at the little pub was very good and well priced. The only complaint was the expensive parking ($18.95 + taxes). They have a spa on site which had very reasonable rates (1 hour massage $70). I would recommend this hotel for business or family travel

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed March 1, 2014

I just wanted to chime in again to express my appreciation for the Coast Edmonton Plaza. I am in Edmonton frequently - often many weeks in a row - and the one part of my trip that I know will always meet my expectations is both the reception that I receive, and the room waiting for me at the Coast. The hotel is centrally located, within walking distance of all of my downtown meetings, there is Express check-in and check-out, the gym is always available for my early morning visits, and the buffet breakfast is quick and convenient. But it is the welcome that I receive, particularly and always from Front Desk Manager Abdul Mobin and his staff that really makes the difference. It makes me think of the song from the old TV series Cheers: "you want to go where everybody knows your name". Abdul always greets me by name, accelerates my check-in and always assures that every aspect of my stay is looked after, and consistently goes the extra distance to make sure that I know that I am a valued guest. My appreciation will keep me coming back.

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed February 28, 2014

comfortable rooms with fridge and microwave and Sobeys only 1 block from this down town hotel. new big TVs and very clean rooms.
offers a restaurant and a lounge and unheated parkade in the building.
Price for parking is a bit steep at $18.00 a night however. As well on the positive side is there is a shuttle that will drop you off and pick you up in the downtown area. (if too cold to walk).

Room Tip: all rooms that I have rented over the years are excellent, quiet and warm.
Review collected in partnership with Coast Hotels

Okotoks, Canada
Reviewed February 20, 2014

The room was very clean, and comforable. The staff were friendly, and very helpful. I would stay again if ever there. However, the only real downside was parking was expensive. There is a pool and hottub, and exercise room that were all very nice.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family