“My second home”

GreenLeadersSilver level
St. Paul, Canada
“My second home”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I have been staying at the coast for over 10 years because of people like Don. He always has a smile, something good to say and is always ready to assist you in any way that he can. Staff are the best part of my experience and that is what keeps me coming back.

Room Tip: upgrade to a corner room - you will not be disapointed
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
KJMCC, General Manager at Coast Edmonton Plaza Hotel by APA, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear Daddy1313

Thanks for making us your home away from home for so many years.

Thank you as well for your kind comments on Don, our concierge and shuttle driver. Don has been with us and the Coast Kamloops for almost twenty years now an is the reason so many of our guests return time and again.

We appreciate your comments and look forward to seeing you back soon.

Kelly McCauley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
  • Korean first
Golden, Canada
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have been staying in Hotels more than my home for three years for work. The service at the Coast has been unbeatable. There is always some complaint when staying somewhere, but as of yet I can not name one here. Every level of staff, from maids,front desk, and management has been great and made me feel at home. No complaints. Best service ever!

Dear Doug121:

Thanks for staying with us at the Coast Edmonton Plaza and for the amazing review.

I appreciate the kind comments about our team and will be sure to post your review for them to see.

Look forward to having you back in shortly.

Calgary
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

I visited the Coast Plaza hotel on a recent trip to a conference in Edmonton. All of my coworkers booked at the same hotel so I didn't really check it out too much ahead of time. I was very disappointed with the run down state of the room. Peeling wall paper, stains on the ceiling, grimy grout in the bathroom. The breakfast buffet was really well done. Lots of healthy choices like oatmeal and fruit. Service was great too. I phoned the desk to get some decaf coffee and it arrived in minutes. Too bad about the quality of the room. The manager said they do have some renovated rooms so make sure you ask for one.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Country Hills:

Thank you for staying with us and for your comments.

While I was glad to see that you enjoyed our breakfast buffet and that you were well looked after by our team, I was disappointed to see that your room was not up to standard.

While we do have renovations planned within the year, there is certainly no reason for the issues you noted, and I do apologize. I will certainly follow up with our maintenance and housekeeping teams on your comments.

Thank you again for staying with us and for sharing your comments.

Thunder Bay, Canada
Reviewed May 7, 2013

we just spent the weekend at the coast. a great experience all the way around. excellent location. hotel pool and steam room area was very clean and well as the guest room we were in.
the staff was very accommodating with no problems when we asked for a late check out.
the service in the restaurant and front desk was excellent as well. We will definitely stay there again. Very good value.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I have stayed at the Coast Edmonton Plaza multiple times per year for over 10 years now, and while other options have come on to the market during that time, I always return to the Coast Plaza as my reliable base of operations while in Edmonton. It is centrally located, nearby to all services and has all of the amenities that I require during my stay from the personal, through business to my fitness needs. The premium rooms in particular are spacious and well located on each floor, and provide ample space and convenience for 'working evenings on the road'. The staff are unfailingly positive and helpful, but I do need to single out the Front Desk Supervisor, Abdul Mobin. I have been fortunate to be greeted by Abdul upon my arrival on many occasions, often on cold winter nights after long flight delays. Whatever the circumstances, Abdul is always prompt, pleasant and completely professional. He has an unfailing 'can do' attitude and no matter what my request, he always greets it with a smile and the sense that nothing is too much trouble to accommodate, and he sees to it quickly and personally. Whatever the circumstances, when I arrive and see Abdul at the front desk, I know that all will be well! Kudos to all of the staff and to the GM Kelly McAuley for running a solid, reliable and welcoming property in the heart of downtown Edmonton.

Dear FJJJ:

Thanks for your kind comments on our hotel and Abdul at our Front Desk.

I am glad rain or shine (or most likely snow) that we are always here with a ready room and a warm welcome.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Edmonton
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Our staff stay in this hotel while working in downtown Edmonton. It is centrally located to many business amenities, and also close to shopping, restaurants, and the theater.

Hotel staff are always pleasant and professional.

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I am always happy to stay at the Coast while on business in Edmonton. You can beat the price for the value you get. The breakfast buffet is fresh and delicious. There is a lot of variety to choose from. Also, there complimentary shuttle service is excellent. I will be back!