“Parking was horrible”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Calgary, Alberta
“Parking was horrible”
Reviewed April 28, 2008

We are sticklers for clean rooms and everything passed inspection except the bathroom. The tile grout was mildewed and I could scrape the gunk off with my fingernails. The corners of the floor were grungy and the baseboards had human hair left from being mopped.

We had two double beds that needed new mattresses. When one person turned over, the other did the trampoline bounce. Pillows were flat and lumpy.

Housekeeping "forgot" to clean our room on the first day of our stay. We arrived back in the room at 5:00 p.m. wanting to shower only to find all our wet towels still in the tub. The evening staff turned up about half an hour later to do a "refresh." I noticed the coffee pot was just rinsed out. Do hotels ever put them in a dishwasher to sanitize them?

We paid $9/day to park in the underground parking. The second day all the stalls were filled, and there was no on street parking available. The only place to park was across the street in a paid parking lot. We were not the only hotel guests at the front desk who had paid for parking, there wasn't any.

We had to stay at this hotel as it was chosen for us for a tournament.

Stayed April 2008
1 Thank Cactus0

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
  • Korean first
Quebec
Reviewed April 24, 2008

The hotel is ok. Staff is always on hand to answer questions. But the gym facility is way overdue for an overhaul, and the business center is minimal at best and you have to reserve a time to have access to it.

The restaurant attached to the hotel is well priced but watch out for the buffet in the morning if you go late in the morning the availability or quality of items go down with each hour.

Great location for downtown attraction's few good restaurants close by. The driver for a few dollars is ready to drop you off and pick you up on the main street.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — business center
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank filiair
Alberta
Reviewed April 14, 2008

Ok.. So I booked the Bed&Breakfast package with the King size bed. I was so excited about going there, however was very disappointed. First off the parking area is very sketchy... signs warning you about having a problem with vehicle theft along with a stairwell that smelt like urine. Then when we go into our room we see that there are already people staying in there! So we are given another room to stay in... it's not what we were paying for... it was supposed to be a larger corner room on the top floor (which is what was given to us first) but now was a smaller room on the 3rd floor with a view of the roof. We were also supposed to have a couch and bathrobes/slippers, which were not there... Along with Executive Club Floor access which did not exist on that floor... So we went down to Malt's Lounge thinking we'd have a game of pool/darts and a drink.. only to find out that they do not have a pool table or dart board.. which they show on their website.. The room wasn't bad however kind of outdated, along with other areas of the hotel. So when we checked out the next day we were charged the $200 for the room, along with breakfast and a parking fee (supposed to be included) which we had to complain about to get removed... Bad customer service. They didn't seem to care at all about any of the mix ups. No sorry or apologies given. All in all very bad... Paying for alot more than what was given to us. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Liked — The area
  • Disliked — service
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank asbt
Vancouver
Reviewed April 8, 2008

An average 2.5 to 3* hotel. Rooms are small, and furniture is a bit dated, and there was no work area (desk) in my room (a two double bed standard room). Bathrooms are small and a bit old, but clean. Free in room wireless internet access.

If you have a room on the east side of the hotel, be prepared for construction noise starting at 7 AM Mondays to Saturdays. They are building a new high rise next to the hotel, and it gets very noisy. I stayed on the 15th floor, and the noise woke me up every morning (although I am a light sleeper).

Convenient location. You can take an airport shuttle directly to the hotel. It is 4 blocks away from Save-On Foods if you prefer to purchase some groceries etc. Right across the street from the hotel is a Boston Pizza. There is a Tim Horton's about a 4 block walk from the hotel.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — construction noise
  • Stayed April 2008
edmonton,alberta
Reviewed March 25, 2008

My husband and i stayed here for one night in the jacuzzi suite. We thought the price might be a bit much but when we saw the room, we realized it was totally worth it. The bathroom was just amazing and we had been provided with very comfy, thick bathrobes. Also the jacuzzi was everything we had hoped for and more. Nice sitting area, although we didnt use it. We ordered breakfast via room-service the night before. It arrived on time, still hot and very good. I reccommend the blueberry pancakes. I also liked that you needed to use your room card to access the elevator. It made me feel safe. Parking was very convenient also. It is perfect for a little romantic getaway. We are looking forward to being able to go back again soon.

• Liked — The jacuzzi tub
  • Disliked — couldnt stay longer
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed February 26, 2008

The hotel was beautiful with large, clean rooms.
Customer service was horrible though. The people at the front desk are all very young, unprofessional and not helpful. I had to call down to the front desk 3 times to request a new hair dryer and was late for a meeting as a result and the girl at the desk just said an unsincere "sorry" and shrugged.

Stayed February 2008
Alberta, Canada
Reviewed January 15, 2008

I booked this hotel after looking at their website for deals. We booked two nights, with a 'deal' for each night. I called to make a change to our reservation and they had no record of it, so I booked again. Arrival was seamless, I confirmed again at the hotel that the previous reservation did not exist as I did not want to be charged for both reservations. Our package included spa gift certificates - the spa was unaware that we were "package customers". The second night our package included movie, popcorn and a bottle of wine. We had to call and request it, they charged for the movie (reversed on checkout) and brought the wrong wine. As I suspected, once I arrived home I received a letter from the hotel stating that they had charged my credit card for both nights as i was a 'no-show' (the non-existant first reservation). I called the hotel immediately and it was reversed with no problems. This was our experience... lots of little crap that was irritating. However, the price was good, the room & hotel was clean and the location was great.

• Liked — Location, price
  • Disliked — Hassles
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with friends