“Phoenicia in Toronto” 5 of 5 bubbles

Toronto, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Phoenicia in Toronto”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

My mom and dad went to the Phoenicia Restaurant in Scarborough and told me how much they loved the food. So I thought I would see for myself, and all I can say is I had the Schwarma Chicken Platter. It was the best schwarma I ever had, and I would highly recommend this Restaurant. They have only been open 2 months so far, and they deserve a great review for the food and service they provided me. I can't wait to go back, the portions where huge and delicious!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Dale S

“It was ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

My cousin and I dined here on a Thursday night. It was our first visit. When we arrived, there was one other table in the restaurant. Our waitress was very friendly and helpful to start, and then she left without telling us. The waitress that took over for her was nice as well, just not very attentive. I have mixed feelings about the food as well. For a starter we shared the Bil Jibneh and I must say it fantastic. I would go back and order that again. For the main course we shared the mixed grill platter. I was very disappointed. There was not a lot of flavour and the meat was very dry. The portion size was large with alot of pita and garnishes. I didn't find it over priced but it's not cheap. The atmosphere was lovely and I would like to go back on a busier night to see if the service and the food improves.

• Visited September 2012
Edmonton, Canada
“Got scammed by the waitress”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

It was a fun meal...until the waitress decided to help herself to a nice tip. When splitting the bill evenly among each person, she overcharged us each over $2 on the debit/credit transaction machine. She made no efforts to make the correction when confronted. Management also didn't make any effort to apologize or return the overcharge. Triple check the bill and calculation before paying!

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Edmonton D
“Good Lebanese Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2012

The food was great but a little pricy. The portions were good too. The service was slow. We ordered Lamb which was good but I have had better at other Greek restaurants. We went on a Saturday night and the place was busy with big parties as there was live music & belly dancing. May be a week night would have been a better choice to go to this restaurant.

• Visited March 2012
2 Thank SimbaMasaka
Slave Lake, Canada
“Slow service but tasty food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2012 via mobile

We used to visit the Chinese restaurant formerly in this spot for its convenient location. We found the food here delicious and filling but the service was inattentive- and considering how few customers there were, it seemed odd for the waitress to be so distracted. Seemed like a place that catered more to large parties than couples, but I suppose anyone can have an off night.

2 Thank Nicola R