“Wow what a lucky find.....!”

Chop Steakhouse & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Chop Steakhouse & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 2,540 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Ellerslie Road and Calgary Trail
Description: Chop Steakhouse's South Edmonton restaurant features steak, seafood and drink specials; located near Gateway Blvd & Calgary Trail in the Sandman.
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I landed in Edmonton at the nearby four Points Sheraton and since I do not ever care to drive in a strange city to dinner when I want to drink, the walking distance was great.

The atmosphere here is wonderful. Wait staff ladies are in very nice cocktail dresses. Very upscale. I wish I had this place in my neighborhood in Nebraska.

I went here both nights for dinner while in Alberta, Eh!

I can highly recommend it to the single business traveler.

Fred

1  Thank Fred S

Reviewed June 3, 2013

We took our daughter there for her birthday on the weekend and we had a great experience. We had some great food and the atmosphere was wonderful. The service was very prompt and the food was yummy! I would go there again.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

This restaurant is worth to visit. If you are travelling on your own of with colleagues or family, this is a different type of (sports)bar. The waitresses are well selected and dressed as if they are visiting a cocktail party. Impressive.Food is little better than what you can expect from a Steakhouse/Bar. The wine list is very nice but could increase your bill fast. Certainly a place tot visit when staying in hotels around this area close to the airport of Edmonton.

1  Thank GerardV754
Reviewed May 29, 2013

We have been to Chop several times. We have brought many friends and recommended Chop to many people too. We went there just recently for our 25 th anniversary and it was even more amazing. The young man that waited on us was great. He asked if it was a special occasion and we said yes it's our 25 wedding anniversary. He said well that's huge. He was such a great waiter(makes me mad I can't remember his name, that's what 25 years does to the mind.). We had the most amazing meal, as usual. Then at the end we had our desert to go they brought us out champagne and strawberries. On the house. Amazing night and beautiful place. A must to go again and again. We have gone in bigger groups and had one of their separate rooms too. Great for all occasions.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

A little noisy in the bar, but a fabulous wine selection and good food with great service.

The sliders are not mini-burgers like most places but shredded roast beef served inside Yorkshire Pudding with a to die for beef gravy.