“Excellent service”

Chop Steakhouse & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Chop Steakhouse & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 2,424 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Ellerslie Road and Calgary Trail
Description: Chop Steakhouse's South Edmonton restaurant features steak, seafood and drink specials; located near Gateway Blvd & Calgary Trail in the Sandman.
Canada
“Excellent service”
Reviewed September 12, 2012 via mobile

Went for my birthday dinner today and Mary the server was fantastic!! The food was ok. I had the chicken which was good but my husbands food didn't come out at the right temperature.

Ambience was nice. The manager was nice aswell. I would go back!

Mary did give me a cake with a candle free of charge. I more than appreciated that!! Thank you Mary!!

Saskatchewan, Canada
“Not that great”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We went to Chop for a late dinner and we did not have a good meal. Our server was quite clueless. When he brought us our apple chicken salad he forgot the chicken and he brought all of our meals out at seperate times. The lettuce on the salad was brown, and he got very upset when we brought this to his attention. On the other hand, the ahi tuna and parmesan mac 'n cheese (side dish) were very tasty and the restaurant had a very nice atmosphere. I don't think we will be returning anytime soon.

• Visited August 2012
Okotoks, Canada
“Good”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We were impressed with this restaurant, we showed up not knowing if we could do a dinner as we had our 4-month old daughter with us. They had a closet near the front that we were able to store the stroller in while we ate. Servers were friendly and helpful.

Unfortunately our daughter was fussy so we couldn't finish our meal there but we were able to get it boxed up and they even included cutlery for us to use.

Visited August 2012
Edmonton
“My new favorite place to enjoy a steak!”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Until now, another restaurant used to be my favorite. I won't drop any names, but it rhymes with "The Teg"!

First time I went, I ordered the Filet mignon. Flavor was amazing, tender, and it melted in my mouth. Second time, I ordered steak and lobster. I prefer leaner cuts of beef, and usually only order filet, but this steak was just as good! Tender, flavorful, and the lobster was amazeballs! Lobster was so sweet, that the dish of butter wasn't even touched!

Service was great, modern atmosphere, and the food has been great both times that I went. Definitely would recommend the chop if you are looking for a great steak.

Frisco, Texas
“Try the Lounge for Atmosphere”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

i was staying nearby and noticed this place on the way in. It was Monday night so was expecting a slow night. To my surprise, it turned out to be a little more lively than expected. The staff was professional and quite jovial which makes a busy Monday unwind nicely. I won't say it was the best Steak I've ever had in Alberta but it was still good.

• Visited August 2012