“friendly, attentive staff but only mediocre food” 3 of 5 bubbles

Pazzo Pazzo Italian Cuisine
Ranked #117 of 2,376 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: European, Italian
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: We are located in the heart of edmontons new downtown arena district(ICE DISTRICT)serving up traditional italian cuisine in a casual fine dining atmosephere. Also we have newly renovated and expanded adding a new 50 seat lounge with plenty of entertainment from 5 T.V's to trying your luck on the VLT'S!!!
Gatineau, Canada
“friendly, attentive staff but only mediocre food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

I love good Italian food. I was a bit disappointed as the food was only so-so. I tried the veal scallopini. It was not scallopini, rather it was a cutlet. The sauce had way too much salt. I left it to the kitchen staff to choose the pasta side. they chose penne with olive oil and garlic. the olive oil was not the high quality oil I use at home so again disappointed. Overall, I really can't recommend the restaurant.

Visited March 2013
EdmontonPeterpan, Owner at Pazzo Pazzo Italian Cuisine, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
That's really not great to here I'm sorry we don't use high quality olive oil like you. Maybe next time you could mention something or ask for a different pasta instead of going straight to a bad review. Also again no mention about the scallopini either. Following up with the waitress she said you ate everything on your plate!!! Lol couldn't of been that bad considering our portions are gigantic. Sorry to force all that bad food down your throat!!!!

Canmore, Alberta, Canada
“I think we were in Italy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

We decided to hang up the pots and pans and treat ourselves to a dinner out and what a great place we chose! My husband had the mista salad and said he will only order that from now on because it was so great; my caesar salad was very good as well; the lettuce was so crisp and fresh. One of the specials was a 16oz prime rib...absolutely delicious served with a veggie medley and a pasta of your choice. I opted for the angel hair pasta with the house gigi sauce...hmmmmm! The portions were very plentiful so we both had leftovers to take home for another night of no cooking - yay! This restaurant is very busy during the week at lunch hour but just steady for dinner so you are likely to get a table without a reservation.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Mabes1975
EdmontonPeterpan, Owner at Pazzo Pazzo Italian Cuisine, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
I'm very sorry to hear about your disappointment I wish you could of mentioned something so we could rectify it. As you stated you left your pasta choice to the kitchen that never happened as I am the chef and was working that evening the aglio olio is the last pasta I would recommend as it for someone that wants a very plain pasta and the olive oil we use is very high quality we do just use a classic not extra virgin oil for this dish as extra virgin will burn when we brown the garlic. Again instead writing a bad review you should of said something so it could of been rectified!!!
Edmonton
“Great Italian Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

My friend and I enjoyed dinner at Pazzo Pazzo. From the Appetizers and 1/2 litre of wine to the entrees and dessert and coffee, everything was delicious. the smells of herbs, and the fresh bread,the antipasti and the pastas.
My Spaghetti Bolognese was a wonderful attack to my tastebugs. The veal manicotti was equally lovely. the coconut mango icecream and coffee wasa nice way to finish a great meal.
Can't wait to visit again!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Marion B
“New favorite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

My hisband and I went for a nice quiet dinner. We got that and so much more! Food was fantastic and portions were huge. Service was excellent. Both my husband and I are anxious to go back. Highly recommend !

• 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Swm655
Calgary, Canada
“Superb Italian food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

We went for a business lunch and I thought the food was great! I`m not a fan on Italian normally but now may change my mind & try more.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Gary B
EdmontonPeterpan, Owner at Pazzo Pazzo Italian Cuisine, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
I am glad to here we have changed your mind on Italian food. Thanks for the great review.