“First Class Dining”

Continental Treat Fine Bistro
Ranked #17 of 2,416 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: European, Soups, Central European, German, Eastern European
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: whyte avenue
Description: The Continental Treat Restaurant is a family affair. Two generations of the Borowka Family work together to bring their romantic turn of the century dining vision to life. Owners Ryszard and Helena Borowka and their son Sylvester Borowka oversee the entire operation. Ela Palmowski is the Executive Chef together with sous chefs Maria Palkowska, Bartosz Beresinski, Alexandr Oleineac, and Dusten Dixon. This international team of sous chefs are constantly innovating our menu. Other talented sous chefs joining us this year; Attilla Szabo from Hungary, Zdenek Holub from Czech Republic, Helmut Schumacher from Switzerland and Alexader Davidoff from Russia. Christopher Czapiga and Cindy Oland are the hosts who will welcome you gracefully on any occasion. The ambiance is one of pure charm, combined with an air of luxury and elegance. During the day classical music selection waft overhead, reminding you to take your time and enjoy the journey.*Adults only after 5pm
St. John's, Canada
“First Class Dining”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

On the last day of a business trip to Edmonton a colleague and I went here for lunch relying on the recommendation of an associate. We were delighted with the experience. They have an incredible selection of hard to find high quality beers. We each selected one and were very pleased. We had sauerkraut and potato soup for appetizer which was delicious. We both had a Hungarian Goulash on a bed of Spaetzle with a medley of vegetables and it was exquisite. It was a wonderful experience in that we had excellent food and beer and each was a new experience.

Tithe decor was very relaxing and at night could be very intimate or romantic depending on your company. The service was excellent.

We thought it was reasonably priced for the total experience at around $35 per person tip and taxes in. The speciality beer added to the cost which of course is optional although I would recommend the small extra cost

1 Thank Topsailman
BEER_KOZAK, Owner at Continental Treat Fine Bistro, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thanks for sharing. I'm very happy to hear you and your colleague enjoyed your time in Edmonton and decided to dine with us for lunch. Our kitchen works hard to create authentic European cuisine, and they'll be happy to know how much you both enjoyed the Hungarian Goulash. As for the beers, we have the largest European beer selection in the city are always adding more! We hope you'll come back soon to try all of the new ones added to the menu soon. Thanks again for this wonderful review. Whenever you're back on business, we hope you'll visit us!

“Awesome meal!”
Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Great food and kind service. We ordered 3 starters and 3 main courses. All was amazing! Best meal we've had in a long time.

• Visited June 2013
Thee best meal you've had in a long time? I'm very happy to hear you enjoyed not only the food but the service as well! I hope to see you in again soon for another wonderful experience with us.

Edmonton, Canada
“Excellent - just excellent”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

It has been many years since my last and only visit. The food this time was excellent and the menu was quite broad. The pickle and broche soups were great. Both are a must try. The four of us tried three different dishes. All were excellent and the portions were ample. The facility is clean and the staff were professional. This is not fast food so be prepared to wait while your meal is being prepared. It is worth the wait. The wine list ranged from reasonable to very expensive.

• Visited June 2013
Thanks for sharing! I'm very happy that you dine with us another time - even after so many years! Our kitchen works hard to create a broad menu of authentic European cuisine, and they'll be happy to know how much you enjoyed the pickle and brioche soups. Thanks again for this wonderful review. Hopefully your next visit with us will not be years away - we'd love to see you again soon!

Edmonton, Canada
“Nuanced flavours, great beer selection”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I've dined here a handful of times throughout the years. My last visit was back in February. I really enjoyed my smoked salmon appetizer and beef stroganoff. In fact it was such a large appetizer my friend had trouble helping me finish it off. She ordered the polish cutlet. We usually try a bit of each other's order and I was pleasantly surprised by the flavours in the cutlet, wishing I had picked that dish! I don't remember noticing the decore much the last time I visited. I actually enjoyed looking at all the (empty) beer and wine bottles displayed throughout the restaurant. I also didn't realize they had such a large selection of Belgian beers available. Definitely a place to return to.

• Visited February 2013
Sylvester B, Owner at Continental Treat Fine Bistro, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thanks for sharing, Sylvia. I'm very happy to hear you and your friend enjoyed the food! Our kitchen works hard to create authentic European cuisine, and they'll be happy to know how much you both loved the Polish cutlets. Thanks again for this wonderful recommendation. February is much too long ago, and we'd love to see you both again soon.

Alberta
“My favorite restaurant by far!”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Continental Treat is my all time favorite restaurant. I cannot even begin to express how much I love this restaurant. I have become hooked on the “Polish Cutlet” and order it every time. Their Escargot is also the best I’ve ever had. I always book reservations here for my birthday, and anniversary. I’ve recommended this place to numerous friends, and got extremely positive feedback on their experiences! I cannot think of a comparable restaurant. Continental Treat has it all! Great food, great service, an intimate ambiance and quality unmatched anywhere else I’ve ever been!

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank CanadianCritique
Sylvester B, Owner at Continental Treat Fine Bistro, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Your all time favorite restaurant? What a compliment, thank you! I'm humbled that you choose our restaurant for such important occasions and that you recommend us to all your friends. Thank you for this glowing review and for your continued support. I look forward to seeing you again soon!

Many thanks,