“Big Hype For Little Fare”

Continental Treat Fine Bistro Gluten Free
Ranked #10 of 2,590 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: Austrian, German, Polish
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: whyte avenue
Description: Continental Treat Fine Bistro "Taste of Europe" . Gluten Free Continental Treat Fine Bistro is a south Edmonton Best Gluten Free , modern European, Germanic Restaurant. A family affair, as three generations of the Borówka Family work together to bring their romantic turn of the century dining vision to life. Proud to serve since 1982, owners Ryszard , Helena Borówka ,their son Sylvester and Grandsons Matthew and Michal oversee the entire operation. Continental Treat Bistro has become a premier choice for; anniversaries, birthdays, romantic dinners, small weddings and business dinners.
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Went to this restaurant on a Saturday night. The place was not not overly busy but had to make reservations 2 weeks in advance. Had the Hungarian Goulash with Spatzle and Dumplings. The beef cubes were very dry and not very flavourful. Very bland sauce. No real spice to it! I would give the Spatzle a 4/10. Dumplings were great. The service was fine. Waitress very attentive.
Management though charges an automatic 15% gratuity on 4 or more people. I don't mind having to pay the set gratuity when with a large group but we were only 4 people. When restaurants do this I tend not to go back to. Why am I automatically paying 15% even if the service or food is poor.
Service fine. Food mediocre. Would not go back when there are so many other restaurants in town that serve tastier food.

1  Thank susfuh09
Sylvester B, Owner at Continental Treat Fine Bistro Gluten Free, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

I'm sorry to hear that you won't be coming back. We are proud to serve fresh and authentic European-inspired cuisine, and I was a little disappointed to hear that you didn't enjoy your dinner with us. Your experience doesn't sound typical of the food we usually serve. I will share your feedback with our chefs, and make sure that we're keeping up with the reputation that we've earned. Please let me apologize for the lackluster experience. I appreciate your feedback. I hope you'll return and give us another try in the future—we'll stand out next time!

Warm regards,

Reviewed April 10, 2013

The entire menu is delicious, but the pickle soup is to die for... Consistently great Polish/Continental cuisine excellent atmosphere and trendy location. Considerate, attentive service. Cannot go wrong with this choice! My husband and I have celebrated many special occasions here with no regrets whatsoever. Try their special of the day!

1  Thank Sheila S
Sylvester B, Owner at Continental Treat Fine Bistro Gluten Free, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Thank you for you and your husband's support, Sheila. I'm pleased to hear that you're a big fan of our classic pickle soup! We serve only the freshest and most carefully prepared food, and as you can tell, authenticity is very important to us. Glad to hear that we can wow you. I'll look forward to you and your husband's next visit!

Cheers,

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Cosy corner restaurant on White Avenue with fresh cuisine from a very European background. The Spaetzle are for real. It all has a unique taste of the real stuff. The staff is friendly and professional.

1  Thank canadagooseGER2006
Sylvester B, Owner at Continental Treat Fine Bistro Gluten Free, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Glad you found our cosy corner! It's so nice to hear that you enjoyed eating with us. We're quietly proud of our European traditions, and it's always nice to hear feedback like yours. Thanks for taking the time to share. I'll see you around.

Warmly,

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Very highly recommended to anyone who wants to have a great night out. Great steak, excellent wine selection, professional service like no other place. A very delightful combination.

2  Thank ILoveFoodAlots
Sylvester B, Owner at Continental Treat Fine Bistro Gluten Free, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Thanks for spreading the word about us. I appreciate your support. Glad your steak and wine turned out perfectly! I hope to see you back again soon.

Cheers,

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Had a business lunch. Good ambiance. Perfect service. Pickled soup is outstanding! Original menu. A touch of Europe grounded in North American habits. Just excellent.

2  Thank sboulanger7

Thank you for your short and sweet note. I'm pleased to hear that you found everything to your liking—we do try and make everything perfect for our guests! Glad you got to try our pickle soup too. I'll be looking forward to your next visit.

Warm regards,