“What an elegant restaurant!”

Continental Treat Fine Bistro Gluten Free
Ranked #19 of 2,527 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: Austrian, German, Polish
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: whyte avenue
Description: Continental Treat Fine Bistro "Taste of Europe" . Gluten Free Continental Treat Fine Bistro is a south Edmonton Best Gluten Free , modern European, Germanic Restaurant. A family affair, as three generations of the Borówka Family work together to bring their romantic turn of the century dining vision to life. Proud to serve since 1982, owners Ryszard , Helena Borówka ,their son Sylvester and Grandsons Matthew and Michal oversee the entire operation. Continental Treat Bistro has become a premier choice for; anniversaries, birthdays, romantic dinners, small weddings and business dinners.
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I went there with my friends for my birthday.
It's was very nice to know the restaurant because they had very tasty food and nice staff and elegant atmosphere.
I had smoked salmon and red soup something beet vegetable soup. The salmon had vey nice texture and the soup was also good as a starter. I could tell they are professional :)
So delicious and definately want to go there again :D

1  Thank Nar a
Sylvester B, Owner at Continental Treat Fine Bistro Gluten Free, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Dear Nar—Thank you for your kind feedback. I'm glad we could help make your friend's birthday celebration a memorable one. We've always been proud to serve top-quality food, and it's very validating to hear that you enjoyed your smoked salmon and beet soup. I appreciate your feedback, and look forward to your next visit! Take care.

Warm regards,

Reviewed January 12, 2013

My wife and I went to the Continental Treat on Friday night and both order the Schintzel special with beer and dill pickle soup. It was amazing! The server was so pleasant and accommodating, which I found to be a surprise, as Edmonton service tends to be average. The evening was perfect and this is a new favorite restaurant for us! We have seen the restaurant for years and are wishing we had first gone 5 years ago.

2  Thank agbrowne
Sylvester B, Owner at Continental Treat Fine Bistro Gluten Free, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Thanks for saying such amazing things about us! I'm glad you and your wife had a great time dining with us. We pride ourselves on fine service and great food—so you've come to the right place for a memorable evening out. Our Schnitzel and dill pickle soup are definitely favorites among our longtime guests. We're honored to be your new favorite restaurant. If you haven't already heard, we also regularly host prix fixe beer dinners. They are always a lively good time with live jazz, a cheese reception, and guided tastings. Our next one is happening on March 12. If you're interested, feel free to poke around our website for reservation details (under "Events"). We'd love to have you and your wife there!

Cheers,

Reviewed January 11, 2013

The food was different and nice to try. We walked in one day when they opened and they said we could not eat as they were all booked up but there were only a few people in the resturant so they really are not into walk ins i guess. definitely need a reservation. its ok and something different to try. a couple visits is enough for me.

Sylvester B, Owner at Continental Treat Fine Bistro Gluten Free, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Thanks for dining with us, Chris. I'm sorry we weren't able to accommodate you when you walked in. Sometimes a seemingly empty floor may have already been reserved for later in the evening, which is why we always advise that reservations be made. We'd hate to have to turn you away! On another note, did you enjoy your meals when you visited? How did our service staff do? Quality food and top-notch service is important to us, and we always welcome suggestions on how to improve. Your ratings directly affect our business, so your feedback will help us ensure that our guests enjoy a 5-star experience with us.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

We have been dining here for over 6 years and we have not been disappointed yet. Tonight's meal was celebrated in honor of our mother's 70th birthday. This milestone only comes once and we knew we would not be disappointed. The Birthday girl ordered her favorite, Flaczki and Tartar, whom in her humble opinion is the best Flaczki outside of Poland.
Once you are inside it truly feels like a European Bistro. Great beer selection and of course the food never disappoints. The Filet Mignon was exceptionally exquisite this evening.
In summary; It is expensive but unlike some things in this world we feel that you receive what you pay for at this gem of a restaurant. Smacznego!! (Polish for Bon Appetit)

Sylvester B, Owner at Continental Treat Fine Bistro Gluten Free, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Happy birthday to your mother again! (Tell her thanks too for honoring us with the title of "Best Flaczki outside of Poland"!) I'm glad we could help you and your family celebrate such a joyous occasion. Great food and happy memories are what we strive for, and it's always gratifying to hear that we did a great job. Thanks for you and your family's support. I hope to see more of you and your family in the future!

Cheers,

Reviewed December 27, 2012

My wife and I dined for our anniversary and it was perfect. Table 5 is the one to ask for - best table in the place, but only for 2. The pickle soup was excellent and the gluten free options were good. Overall, a great experience.

Sylvester B, Owner at Continental Treat Fine Bistro Gluten Free, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2012

Thanks for choosing us to celebrate your anniversary! I'm glad we could help make the occasion special for you and your wife. Happy anniversary again. I hope we can keep serving you in the future (table 5 will be waiting)!

Warm regards,