“Want a great night out for the Meat LOVER?? Take them here!!”

Pampa Brazilian Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Pampa Brazilian Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #38 of 2,539 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: Brazilian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 99 Avenue
Transit: Edmonton LRT (Light Rail Transit) station Grandin is a half-block south of PAMPA.
Description: Pampa Brazilian Steakhouse is where the service is led by you. Indulge as you wish on an endless spread of hot and cold accompaniments to the perfectly prepared meats fresh from our lump charcoal burning grills. Discs at each place setting are double sided. Flip the disc to green when our Gauchos may serve you a rotating array of meats, carved table side. Flip the disc to red to indicate a break from service, or when you wish to end your meal.
Reviewed January 27, 2014

If you or your date wants to have their choice of many cuts of meat from beef to lamb, pork or chicken. I LOVE this place!! Pay one price and eat for hours!!! (honestly, they tell you to pace yourself!) Now if you get discouraged after reading this about paying 50 bucks to eat for several hours..perhaps hit up Wendy's for the 1.99 menu instead..but your date will be less than impressed. The food, atmosphere and overall experience is WORTH IT!
Typically for us the end tab for the meal is around $150 (we like to have a couple drinks) and are full and satisfied. Maybe you don't do this every week but come on! Treat yourself to a little indulgence!!

In addition to the "meat on sword" table service, they have Great side/salad bar selections too.. so, pick some sides and belly up to your table for a feast! Depending on the time and day, you can have around 11 cuts of meat that are delivered to your table in quick rotation. If you need a break, there is a red/green disc that you can use as subtle guides to let the staff know your are currently full up on meat! ;-) AND DON'T FORGET: Try the original Caipirinha, the Brazilian rum drink... AWESOME!! Asked for a gc for Pampa for Christmas this year.. Can't wait for the next date night to use it!

Reviewed January 23, 2014

I had never been to a Brazilian Steakhouse so I wanted to experience it. A friend told me about it so a group of us decided to go.

The idea behid it is this: you start off with the salad bar (which didn't impress me) then you sit down at your table. You have a card that is red on one side and green on the other. When you turn your card over to green, servers come by with meat on a stick or spit and they slice it off and put it in your plate or you use your thongs as they are cutting the meat to be placed on your plate. When your plate is full or you want to take a break, turn your card to red and the server's will quit coming to your table until you turn it over again.

I like a good steak and here is the problem, you don't get to decide how you want your meat done, for example: rare, medium, medium well or well done, and most of it was rare, which I am not a fan of. I also felt that the meat was not tender and some of it was simply gross.

I will give them credit for being attentive though. When my card was green it seemed that there was always a server at our table with a spit of meat.

The cost was also prohibitely expensive. If I recall at least $50 per person. But then it's all you can eat.

I will not go back.

1  Thank Sian-Keona
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Pampa was overpriced for what you got.
I had to ask for water twice before they brought it out. My friends and I felt this was because they were trying to sell us more liquor.
Paying for water is ridiculous, and no you can't share your ginormous bottle of water with a friend, if you try to, they charge you $2 more.
The staff were meh. Not overly friendly or professional. More like robots following a script.
Some of the meat was delicious, others not so much.
Salad bar was ok, but just..ok.
I would not recommend Pampa as a place to eat in Edmonton. Why? Overpriced. Pompous atmosphere. And overall, just not a relaxing fun place to eat.

1  Thank rotorwayhelicopter
Reviewed January 3, 2014

First time to the restaurant so I wasn't really sure what to expect. We were in a private room which was nice. I do however have some concerns about the idea behind the restaurant. I understand it's a traditional Brazilian restaurant but in a world with growing numbers of obese, it seemed obscene that there was an endless parade of meat and you were encouraged to overeat. Having said that, the service was very good and the food was really good. I probably won't go back but it was a fun experience.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

Could not ask for more at this restaurant. I have been to Brazilian steak houses in Ottawa, Niagara Falls, and Las Vegas and this one is better than all of them. My Brazilian wife says that the meat tasted just like it does in Brazil. There were also many very good Brazilian dishes in the buffet /salad bar, including feijoada.

All of the meat was excellent. Although it may be hard, try to save some room for dessert since the desserts are really interesting and delicious. Also the cheese bread was the best we have had outside of Brazil.

Service was also excellent - very friendly and attentive. Owner genuinely cared about our opinion of the restaurant. Servers did a fantastic job and everyone at the table was impressed. One of our top dining experiences of 2013. We will definitely be back.