“Got to Try it Once, But Not Sure if I'll Return”

Pampa Brazilian Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Pampa Brazilian Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 2,416 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Brazilian, Barbecue
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 99 Avenue
Transit: Edmonton LRT (Light Rail Transit) station Grandin is a half-block south of PAMPA.
Description: Pampa Brazilian Steakhouse is where the service is led by you. Indulge as you wish on an endless spread of hot and cold accompaniments to the perfectly prepared meats fresh from our lump charcoal burning grills. Discs at each place setting are double sided. Flip the disc to green when our Gauchos may serve you a rotating array of meats, carved table side. Flip the disc to red to indicate a break from service, or when you wish to end your meal.
Beaumont, Canada
“Got to Try it Once, But Not Sure if I'll Return”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We went to see what the fuss was all about for a friends 30th bday over the weekend and there were about 18 of us. Unfortunately we weren't able to reserve before 8:30PM, But you take what you can get. Restaurant aura and setting was very nice and clean and what you could expect from a high class restaurant. Location was great as its just what you would expect in downtown Edmonton.

First and foremost lets talk about the salad bar....or lack there of. I've had better salad bar at Bonanza back in the 80s as I almost find it offensive that I literally had to make my own caesar salad and the taste of the other stuff in the salad bar really didn't go together if you know what i mean. One plus were the stuffed tomatoes and this is about it. The "hot" foods were tough to find and when you did they were literally sitting in a slow cooker like at a friends potluck dinner with next to no spices or seasoning. Very disappointed as I know its Brazilian, but I'm also pretty sure that Brazil has a vast coastline and no seafood in the salad bar was a huge let down for a high class restaurant.

Now for the dinner service. Immaculate service from the servers who continually brought the meat till you literally can't stuff another piece in. Our table waiter was a little pushy, fake, and arrogant, but I can handle that. Lets get a little more specific about the meat. Basically it comes on rotisserie spikes and the servers cut off pieces from a large roast done in different ways. Beef, beef, and more beef. Tasted fantastic. Bacon wrapped chicken was most likely the least favourite and this is coming from a bacon nut. Very very very salty and you will literally down a gallon of water (which you have to pay for by the way $2 per person). Two big downfalls or....better yet, things missing. First, no chicken breast offered for those that aren't a fan of dark meat and this brings me to my biggest let down of the night and most likely the reason I won't return: no seafood. If I'm paying $50 a plate anywhere, I better at the least see a prawn on a stick that comes with my steak. Shrimp would have definitely put this place through the roof, but I can get good steak else where for a lot cheaper and the "all you can eat" becomes old quick as the beef fills you up so much, you may as well have ordered a New York strip cooked to perfection for $20 less at the Keg. Don't get me wrong, the 8 different choices of meat were absolutely spectacular in taste, and if the salad bar was a lot better and larger instead of something worse than Buffet World, well worth the $50.

Be careful at the end of your service as it almost feels like you are being surrounded by people making commission on you smiling as the bill can get steep quick.. Their signature booze shot that is no more than a chick pouring standing on a chair from a bottle that was frozen in an ice cream pale with a slice of orange and grapefruit in the ice (ooooooo!!!) is $18 a shot!!!!! Coffee and desserts just keep going up and up from there. Last downfall, they WILL NOT split up a bill. Take careful note as to what you spent and what on if you are with a group as the math gets ugly quick after a few drinks.

Would I recommend going? Absolutely. You have to try it out for yourself as its a new experience and a little different than the other guys.

2 Thank GrandpasTrout

Telford, United Kingdom
“A below average Churrascaria.”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

The decor is nice with exposed concrete with a red and black contemporary theme.
Wine selection and storage looks impressive.

But looks deceive.... A very disappointing salad bar with nowhere near the expansive choice of other Brazilian restaurants... But the worst thing.. The servers, not one Brazilian amongst them, none of the servers to our table knew how to slice the meat and ALL of their knives where blunt resulting in embarrassing pauses whilst the meat was either hacked or sliced off the skewers. The signature meat picanha was just about acceptable but did not come from a good looking piece of meat.
The papaya cream which is a must after such a meal was also very disappointing, it was tasteless and was full of ice which made it watery instead of creamy.

Maybe this place is good if you have never been to another Churrascaria so don't have anything to compare it with?

Chico, California
“Bad Bacon”
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

I went to celebrate my wife's birthday and it turn to a disaster even we had a reservation for a birthday they didn't treat us as such. They gave us a table in the middle of the floor. The salad bar was perfect however the meat was undercooked, I asked doe a well dine piece and I got the left over of the sword reheated. For $50 per person I except better. I got the chicken warped in bacon and it was terrible. The beacon was spoiled, it smelled like old meat. I notified the server and the owner asked me what's the problem? Seriously? The problem is you are serving old stinky bacon. Anyway no discount was given, and even if I didn't expect one they should have offered. The digestive wine and the desserts were amazing. Btw .....Wtf people are you charging for water.....seriously...?????

Edmonton
“Double Combo - Great Food and Dining Experience!”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

What's great?
- Unlimited deluxe salad bar and 10 different servers providing different cuts of unlimited meat carved right at your table

Tip
- Go hungry as you can't take any lefovers home. It's a fixed price menu for dinner ($50).

Only negative for me was I ordered a special Brazilian cocktail which tasted great but had so much ice that it only lasted for 3 or 4 sips.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Guitaro
Edmonton, Canada
“"An evening to remember"”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

To begin, this was an extra special event in that it was our son's birthday. None of us had ever visited this restaurant and while we had heard the excellent reviews, there's always that skepticism until you've tried it yourself.

We were not disappointed. We had the meal with the house drinks pairing. The food, the drink and the service were excellent. The staff were friendly and courteous, but discreet. They were always there when they needed to be with just a flip of green.

Looking forward to our next trip, and yes, Pampa Brazilian Steakhouse will be at the top of our must visit restaurants.

• Visited September 2013