“Food was mediocre, did not live up to menu descriptions”

Rasoi on 50th The Indian Kitchen
Ranked #1,259 of 2,416 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 50 Street South of Whidemud Drive On 43 Ave.
Transit: Public Transit Close by.
“Food was mediocre, did not live up to menu descriptions”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Fairly well rated, seemed like a good choice on the way to the airport. Nice location, decor and menu. Gave the impression that it would be Indian fusion cuisine, but it was pretty predictable. Lamb special was tough and fatty, basil naan sounded delicious but was just naan sprinkled with dried basil. Saffron rice wasn't and Veges uninspired. Best dish was the Tandoori chicken appetizer. When will Vij open in Alberta?

1 Thank Shaktiom61

“Excellent value”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I've been here twice now and it's been excellent both times. The food is terrific and it's not expensive. Everything is not and plentiful and I have found a new favourite place. The surroundings are nice even though the music is a bit loud. It's always been moderately busy when I've been but everything seems to come at a nice pace

• Visited September 2012
key west, fl
“A great hidden gem.”
Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

When my aunt wanted to take me out to an Indian restaurant in a Edmonton strip mall, I was less than excited.
It was a very pleasant surprise. We had veggie somosas to start with and I think they were the best I ever had. After that we had 2 main dishes. Both were great. Butter chicken and goat curry.
The service was great and the check was reasonable. Do yourself a favor and go.

Canada
“Dependable, Good, Inexpensive Indian food”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

The food is really really good here, and the prices are significantly cheaper than Khazana (As much as I love Khazana, it definitely breaks the bank... I'm talking prohibitively expensive). It's probably because of the location that Rasoi on 50th is so much more economical. But honestly, I'm willing to drive 15 minutes to get to this place and save $30 on a delicious Indian dinner. The Butter Chicken, Navratan Korma, Vege Samosas and Naan are just fantastic.
Staff is always friendly, Food is always good.

• Visited June 2012
Terrace, Canada
“I can't wait to go back!”
Reviewed May 22, 2012

This was the first time I had been to an Indian restaurant. The decor was intriguing, dimly lit intimate ambiance. There was a window where you could see into the kitchen and catch a glimpse of the chefs in their whites. One of them caught my eye and we smiled at each other. The servers were friendly and attentive. It was a beautiful day so we opted to sit outside on the patio out back.
So, not having much knowledge of indian food, I didn't know what to order and was open to whatever my companions chose. While we perused the menu we were brought a basket of thin crispy delicate spicy flavorful ( bread? cracker? chip?) served with a green salsa type stuff. It was fantastic- so flavorful and spicy!
The food was delicious- so flavorful and hot! I want to go back and try everything on the menu! I found out from visiting this restaurant that I love Indian food!
We had the tikki aangan ki- potato patties filled with herbs and spices, to start. It was served 3 to a plate with 3 sauces. Beautiful and delicious!
The other dishes were excellent too. I honestly can't wait to go back!!

• Visited May 2012