“Good Food, Good Atmosphere”
Review of The Marc

The Marc
Reserve with OpenTable
The Marc is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 2,575 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 100 ave and 106 street
Transit: We are just off many popular Jasper Avenue routes on 106 street as well as 1 1/2 blocks south of the Corona LRT station.
Reviewed August 22, 2014

One thing I don't like about some good restaurants is that the atmosphere is loud and noisy and you are competing with the music to talk to each other. Marc is a restaurant in which you can share good food and at the same time have a good conversation with one another. We were at the Marc last night celebrating our daughter's birthday. We enjoyed our entrée, duck, flank steak, and arctic char, as well as our desserts. Our waiter was kind of just "doing his job and nothing beyond," and he did his job serving us. The Marc is in Downtown Edmonton serving a lot business people and government workers. I would return to the the Marc and it is a restaurant I would recommend when you come to Edmonton.

Reviewed August 17, 2014

The Marc delivers great food and atmosphere. Lunch specials were interesting and healthy. For $16 I had a nice piece of char with vegetables and their lovely crusty bread.

Reviewed August 4, 2014

Once a favourite spot of mine, of late the service has become disinterested and worse, condescending. The last half dozen clients I've taken there have not been impressed.
The food here was once some of the best in the city, but has declined substantially. The same tired items remain on the menu year after year. Mostly it just doesn't taste good.
Now that there are many more options in Edmonton, most with more attentive service plus better food, I have little reason to return.

Reviewed July 24, 2014

Very tasty. The hostess & waitress were very friendly & down to earth. There was nothing to not like about it.

Reviewed July 10, 2014

I went to The Marc because of its rating as one of the top restaurants in Edmonton. I hope that isn't true because I was underwhelmed.

The room is very stark. It is a big, open room with almost cafeteria style seating. Two walls are plate glass windows. That might be okay if there was something to see. There isn't. Just a drab, sort of rundown street.

I was dining alone so couldn't order wine by the bottle. Wines by the glass were very expensive. I tried a martini instead, a better value but left too long in the shaker so it was very diluted.

The menu has some nice selections. I tried the Grilled Bavette. The meat is marinated and served medium rare so I expected it to be tender. It was far from it. The wilted spinach that came with it was laden with salt.

If I lived nearby I would return but I would not make a special trip.

1  Thank GVancouver