“Misleading and disappointing ”

Comfort Inn Edmonton West
Ranked #58 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Calgary, Canada
“Misleading and disappointing ”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

Our room looked much different than advertised on the website. Very disappointed with the staff, they were friendly but made a lot of mistakes. Our phone in our room didn't work and we found a dirty sock under the bed. All in all the Comfort Inn did not impress us. My family will never stay at this hotel again.

Stayed April 2014
2 Thank Tiffany757
Clement C, General Manager at Comfort Inn Edmonton West, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Thank you for bringing your concerns to my attention. I do apologize for your experience here and the impression that it left you with. I have passed your comments to Housekeeping and Maintenance departments. We all hope that you can give us a chance to visit us again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014

It's hard to find a cheap hotel that allows dogs, little alone our great dane. We were given a good rate for our week here and a room with sliding doors for easy access to the room without walking our dog through the hotel daily. Staff was friendly and room was well cleaned. Large tv and a couch with a pull out bed, plus a nice desk and computer chair made it a nice stay. The only thing I'd have negative to say is the restaurant attached, "Alberts" wasn't that great. Nice staff but the food was not worth it. Breakfast was okay but I tried the Turkey dinner and it was very salty and poorly made. Overall though it was a good choice to stay here for price and accommodations.

Room Tip: If you stay for a while (a week) you can stay for cheaper if you ask. We got it for $99 a night.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Kaylammichelin
Clement C, General Manager at Comfort Inn Edmonton West, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Thank you very much for review. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. And thank for your good comments for my staff.
Sorry to hear about your experience at the restaurant. It is leased and managed on their own. I will sure pass your comments to the restaurant Manager.
We all hope to accommodate you again soon.
Take Care
Prince George, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

My hubby and I stayed here for 3 nights. It was much cheaper than the hotels closer to West Edmonton mall. It's about a 5-10 min drive depending on traffic. Rooms were clean and updated. The Bed was comfy - Make sure you ask for a renovated room. The staff was really nice and helpful. I would stay here again- good value.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Alia31
Thank you very much for taking your time to write us a review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are fully renovated hotel including all rooms.

We all hope to accommodate you again soon.
Take Care
Bonnyville, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

It is a very clean hotel and the housekeeping staff are so kind. I work at hotel in Bonnyville Alberta as front desk and I found this hotel is excellent and would recommend highly for others to stay here. I love the location, so maybe restaurants and shopping stores close by.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Carla W
Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review. I am pleased that you have enjoyed your stay and I will be sure to share your kind comments to the staff. We all look forward to accommodate your stay again soon. Take care
British Columbia, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

Needed a a place to stay close to the West Edmonton Mall as a last minute arrangement. Was very happy with the location.
Check in staff was very friendly. Rooms are clean and newly renovated. Coffee maker, refrigerator and microwave in the room. Bed was very comfortable, had a great nights sleep. Ate breakfast the nexgt morning at the restaurant next door. Overall found the Comfort Inn to be as advertised. Satisfactory.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Tr1pTraveler
Clement C, General Manager at Comfort Inn Edmonton West, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Thank you so much for your time to write us a review and tell us how we are doing. I will share your experience with my staff. We all hope to accomodate you again soon.
Take care.
Fort St. John, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2013

We chose this hotel, as we have never had a problem with Comfort Inn's in the past. The staff were very cold and unfriendly. Treated us as if we were bothering them when checking in.
Room was decent. Bathroom was updated and nice. We found the bed a bit hard, but overall the room was clean and acceptable.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank thradia2012
Clement C, General Manager at Comfort Inn Edmonton West, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Sorry to hear of your arrival experience. I will share your comments with the Front Desk team to make sure warm welcome is our top priority. At the same time, thanks for your comments of newly renovated hotels. We all hope that you will visit us again in the future. Thanks for your time to write us a review. Take care.
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

I enjoyed my stay here, the hotel is getting a lot of renovations done, so the rooms and hallways have a real updated feel. The location is great , on 100th avenue there is no shortage of closeby bars, restaurants and shopping, and you are about 5 minutes away from the big mall. All the furniture in the room was new, and the washroom was also updated, I found the front desk staff very friendly and helpful. TV, WI-FI and parking were all satisfactory, I would stay here again whenever I am in West Edmonton.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank jimmyrozner
Clement C, General Manager at Comfort Inn Edmonton West, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Thank you for writing your recent review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We just finished our furniture granite top. Hope you will be visiting us soon. We all would be happy to see you again.
Takre care