Comfort Inn Edmonton West
$193
$143
Fairmont.com
  • Pool
All reviewsolive gardenedmonton westbooked roomseasy accessrestaurants and shoppingfirst floormicrowave and fridgeclean roomsstayed here for nightsconvenient locationhot breakfastgreat sleephotel is locatedshort drivetim hortonsa great stayenjoyed my stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 3, 2013

They have recently renovated a lot of the hotel so in terms of rooms and cleanliness I can not complain. New vanities, some furniture, carpet and bed/sheets. We also got an excellent deal online so that was a bonus. I don't know that I would pay full price to stay here. The staff was very helpful and someone was sent right up when our tv wouldn't work. The only issue we had was when we requested another room due to the noise of the ice machine, we were told by staff that the ice machine was shut off at 10:00 p.m. This did not happen and I was woken up a couple times with the ice machine around 11:00 p.m. and then at midnight. Not sure if this was an oversight or not. We weren't going to move late at night so we just lived with the noise. Overall, a decent place to stay for a night and the location was very handy as we were just traveling through Edmonton. There are a good selection of restaurants nearby and even more selection a 5-10 minute drive away.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the ice machine, it's a high traffic area and the doors do not block the sound well.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Clement C, Manager at Comfort Inn Edmonton West, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Thanks for your good comments and review. I apologize for the noisy ice machine which I have told the maintenance department to look into it, as well the information you receive about the hours. Thank you for letting us know. We all hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Stay FAR away from this hotel if you can. The pictures on Trip Advisor are highly misleading. I arrived in Edmonton late after a long drive and was very tired. The hotel is in a sketchy part of town. The front desk agent was very cold and unwelcoming. When checking in, I asked him if I can request a late checkout, to which he replied "our checkout time is at 11 sir." So in other words the answer was NO, despite the website indicating "late checkout available." (It turns out, when I called down to the front desk the next morning and asked the same question, the agent replied, "of course you can request a late checkout. How much time do you need?")

After checking into my room on the second floor with lots of heavy luggage (and of course, they don't have luggage carts available at the lobby), I find that the toilet in the room is clogged. I phoned front desk and he said he'll put me in a new room. So I go downstairs again to the lobby hauling my luggage and he makes me a new set of room keys and hands it to me. Not a single word of apology during all of this. So I make my way down to the new room, and about to swipe my card when he comes down the hallway and calls me back to the front desk. Apparently the room had been already given out to another guest and I was about to enter an occupied room. Tired and frustrated, I grab the third set of keys to my new room. It was a non-smoking room but upon entering the room was full of cigarette stench like a cheap side-of the road motel. I go into the washroom and check the toilet. This one barely flushed too. At this point I didn't care as all I wanted is a bed for a night. And this hotel couldn't be that either. The mattresses were horribly wobbly. The room had housekeeping issues as it had moldy shower curtains. The room was scantily equipped (no fridge, no microwave). The wireless internet was so slow (almost like 56K dial-up internet from the mid 90s) it was a joke. After trying and trying I gave up and just decided to go to bed.
The noise from other rooms and the hallway that were coming in through the walls and the door were just too much that I thought the walls were made of paper. I ended up tossing and turning the whole night and couldn't fall asleep. The only reason why I booked at this hotel was because I found it for cheap on a discount hotel website but the room wasn't even worth it. I should have just slept in my car instead.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Dan D
Clement C, General Manager at Comfort Inn Edmonton West, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

All reviews are taken into consideration by management in order to identify areas in need of improvement. We are located on a main 178 street with many restaurants, convenient stores and businesses. I apologized that you didn't enjoy your stayed with us. Although we are always disappointed to hear that someone’s stay was not to their satisfaction, we appreciate knowing what issues you experienced so we can take appropriate steps to correct them. I hope this will not stop you from visiting us and give us another chance to accommodate your stay again.
Take care.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

This hotel is horrible. The only thing worse than the ugly rooms is the ugly personality and attitude of the front desk staff.

We were put in a pet room that reeked of cigarettes. When calling to report this I was told that was not possible as it was a non smoking room. (Excuse me, I know what I can smell) a while later I had to be moved as it was making me feel sick. I then find out all the 'pet rooms' are the ex smoking rooms. I move into another room that still stinks but has been febreezed. I only stayed here as it was only one night. I should have left. More importantly I should have looked on here before booking as I never would have reading these reviews. Oh and if your staying with pets bare in mind you won't be allowed to leave them alone in your room at any point. No matter how good a deal you think your getting trust me, it's not worth it. Stay somewhere else. I for one wouldn't stay here again if it were free.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

I appreciate that you making me aware of the situation. It is disappointing to learn about your experience during your stay with us. Let me apologize if there was any confusion regarding our pet policy. We will ensure we use your comments to improve areas which may be letting us or our guests down. I hope this will not stop you from visiting us again. Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

I booked this hotels 2 weeks prior. And mainly because it was "pet friendly" Which it is NOT. Sure you can have your animals stay here, but you cant leave them in the room and go out. If your dog barks, they will make you leave. The lady went on and on about it. Not to mention, they were rude, very very very very rude. And not helpful at all. Yet again, traveling with three kds and three animals they put me on the 2nd floor. Couldnt even tell me where to park so I would have a close door to unload to. Brought the kids up to the room, the bathroom door swung shut and locked!!! No way to unlock it, I was very lucky my kids were not in there. After that, and the barely clean room, I put the kids back in the car, called the delta and went there.For $40 more, we got excellent service. DONT STAY HERE.

Room Tip: no elevator
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

I really appreciate you making me aware of your concerns. We take all comments seriously to help us improve. We strive to provide all our guests to enjoy a peaceful and restful stay. I apologize if there was a confusion with our pet policy. We all hope this will not stop you and your family from visiting us again, and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

Clean, quiet, non-smoking building, close to West Edmonton Mall, Hwy 16 and 16A West. Easy access using the city south bypass, Anthony Henday Drive. Note this motel entrance is on a one- way street going East. Very comfortable bed with upgraded linens. Very good hot breakfast in the restaurant next door. Hair dryer was located in a small bag the closet with the ironing board and iron.

Room Tip: Main floor rooms have supplemental access through well locked patio doors. You can park your car right outside your room. This was very handy for seniors who had trouble carrying luggage.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for your time to give us a review with your kind comments. We all hope to have another opportunity to serve you again in the near future. Take care.