“Good place for the price”

Comfort Inn Edmonton West
Ranked #58 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
“Good place for the price”
Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here a few times and its a good bang for your buck...Close to west edmonton mall..people are friendly and they are in the process of renovateing so it can only get better..close to restraunts and a good shower..stayed 3 times and always had good hot water...thanks will stay again

• Stayed May 2013
3 Thank Kozey
Clement C, Manager at Comfort Inn Edmonton West, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. I am pleased that you always enjoyed your stay with us. We all appreciate for choosing our hotel for your stay when you are in Edmonton. We are all renovated now. We hope you able to visit us soon. Thanks!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed June 3, 2013

This hotel is in the middle of renovations and a complete mess.
My room had an ice machine directly above and the constant sound of dripping water sounded like a man standing up to pee all night. They allow dogs, and for 2 of the 3 nights I stayed there I was woken up from 1:00 - 1:30 by a small yappy dog across the hallway. The room was clean enough and the front staff were unable to accommodate a move to another non-smoking room as they were all occupied or being renovated, though the place was deserted. I would have left after the first night, but I'd pre-paid a non-refundable fee through Priceline.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for the time to write us a review. Please accept our apologies if we missed the opportunity to communicate that our hotel was undergoing renovations. We do regret that this negatively impacted your stay. Yes, we are a Pet-Friendly hotel. I am sorry to hear that you woke up by the pet across the hallway. We want to know about this when this noise occured. Now, I am very excited to tell you that we have completed our renovations and hope you can give us another opportunity to come have a look and to serve you better. Hope to see you soon. Take care.

Travelers are raving about these Edmonton hotels

Kaslo
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I had booked this through Hotwire without realizing I was paying for a smoking room. My husband is highly asthmatic, so when we got to our room I immediately knew we couldn't stay in that room. They made us pay another $50/night (three nights) for a non-smoking room. I had prepaid through Hotwire, otherwise we would have left and found a different hotel. The front desk clerk explained that we would have to go through Hotwire for a refund if we decided to not stay, so we put up with the small room, tiny double beds and paper-thin walls. We could hear the TV in the next room, but were lucky our neighbours didn't stay up too late the first two nights we were there. The third night, however, a woman was in there with the TV on and she was SMOKING! The kids slept OK because we kept them very busy during the day, but neither my husband or I slept very well any of the three nights (we have a king size bed at home). I took advantage of their guest laundry, but it was not cheap as we had to buy the soap and dryer sheets then pay for the machines as well. The one cleaning lady was really nice, but she never did clean out the microwave which was dirty before we arrived. There was no fitness room or pool or breakfast provided. I was shocked and appalled when the (very kind) front desk clerk told me that we were still getting a good rate (even after the $50 was tacked on) as the usual rate was near $200/night! Never, EVER will I book the cheapest hotel offered on Hotwire again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Lukacs80
Souris, Canada
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Our room heater did not work and it was freezing outside. We were given a 'space heater' that helped but no-one came to fix the heater. Our first night was marred by people in the next room who talked at full volume until 7am.
The restaurant attached closed at 7pm on Saturday!!! What the heck is that about... The menu was very much burger etc. with nothing really 'healthy' that I could see.
The room was comfortable and given that we seemed to have got it at a discount price, was fine. I would not have paid the "posted" prices...

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank csandyb
Regina, Canada
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Worst hotel..we got charged 270$ for smoking in our rooms..wierd because none of us smoke..the staff is awful..very dirty and uncomfortable not worth the value at all. the leave you a bottle of water in your room and charge you 3.99 if you drank it..we didnt drink it but they charged us anyway..this hotel staff are all about making money for the hotel and screwing the customer. do not stay here.

• Stayed February 2013
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We had a standard Queen room - 1 queen bed and a pull out couch. It was a pretty spacious room and was very clean when we arrived. For an older building, it’s in pretty good condition, but, being an older building, the walls are a bit thin and the furnishing are a bit tired. That being said, we didn’t hear much. There is a flat screen TV that works fine and has lots of channels, but the air conditioning is a bit loud. There are also lots of connectors if you want to attach a laptop or iPad and watch a movie. WIFI is free and worked fine while we were there. The only other amenity you get is a small coffee maker – no fridge or microwave. There is also no pool, and I didn't see a fitness center.

The bed was OK, a bit soft for my taste, but better than sleeping on a hard bed, but watch those pillows! They look nice a big a fluffy, but they go flat as pancakes pretty quickly. There is a lot of light in the room, if you are facing the street or the main entrance as the curtains don’t fit quite right. Ask for a room at the back if you like a dark room.

The bathroom is a good size, but they are a bit stingy on the towels. Just ask and they will happily give you some more. Toiletries are OK, and you get an eye makeup remover pad. They have toiletries if you forgot something - probably not free.  There is a night-light built into the hair dryer,which I thought was a pretty good idea. Shower water pressure is not very good, but I have certainly experienced worse.

Front desk staff were friendly and polite, and patient with questions. Make sure you come in the front door if you go out – the room keys are supposed to open the exterior doors, but ours did not. We also saw several people on multiple-day stays getting their room keys reactivated as they had stopped working.

There is no breakfast included, but there is an Albert’s restaurant attached to the hotel. Be aware, they are only open until 7 pm. Breakfast was good, reasonable price. There are lots of restaurant options in the area and you are about 5 minutes from West Edmonton Mall.

Room Tip: There is a lot of light in the room, if you are facing the street or the main entrance as the curtai...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank DorisBH
Raymond, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Do not waste your time! Especially when the Hilton around the corner is a dream come true and is basically the same price. The front desk lady was so rude and awful to us and made us and our six kids wait out in the cold while the room was getting ready...then she decided not to let us check in at all because I forgot my driver license (my husband had his and I had all my credit cards, costco card, etc). She then charged us the full amount and refused to refund even though we didn't stay there. It is so dirty and ugly too.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family