“Good Value”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #57 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Reviewed August 19, 2014

I booked a non smoking room but upon arrival found that room to smell funny. Not sure I will be able to sleep with that smell around me I asked for another room. But because they were fully booked I was offered the only other room available, a smoking room on another floor. Yes, the hallway reeked of smoke but the room seems okay. It has only a small window looking out to the indoor pool (on the same floor across the small courtyard) so curtain needs to be drawn if you want privacy. I took the room since I wasn't planning to spend any leisure time there other than sleeping. And here are the pros and cons after a couple of nights.

PROS:
Good city location and in quiet back street.
Excellent breakfast
On Sky Shuttle airport to hotel route (although you need to reserver ahead of time)
Clear towels and sheets, clean bathroom and plenty of hot water
Reasonable customer services

CONS:
Hotel is very dated, dirty carpet, old drapes, microwave in semi working condition. Didn't stay long enough to try the coffee machine or time for TV.
The fridge in the room is very noisy
Some rooms smell

All in all, an okay place to stay for a couple of nights and when comparing prices to other similar hotels around the same area. Although for me next time around, I'll probably pay a little more and try another hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not facing inside i.e. the pool. It tends to be very dark with no natural lig...
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank MY_IZZY

Reviewed August 9, 2014

Chose the Comfort Inn for location and price - and were very pleased. Convenient to LRT, high level street car, and only a $10 cab ride to Whyte Ave. Front desk staff were efficient and helpful. Room was huge and clean. Good breakfast, lots of choices even at 9AM! Indoor pool was small and could have done with some natural light.
Would recommend this hotel to others for sure!

Room Tip: Some rooms look over the pool area - would avoid these.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 24, 2014

From N.S. to Edm for our sons wedding. The price was good & i love continential breakfast & it was the best one ever. It was a great way to start the day. The hotel was clean & in a great area where you could walk to many places. My husband & i walked after breakfast & found some nice parks to enjoy. We also enjoyed the pool & hot tub. We stayed there for 4 days & 4 nights. We also were able to park my sons van there some as they had to have two vans in town for the wedding guess things that had to be done. We had great sleeps & if i ever came back to Edmonton i would definately stay here again. There are many places to eat if you take a walk around a few blocks such as Subway, Starbucks, & other resturants. Thanks for eveything.

Room Tip: We were on the top floor & it was quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dianne S
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

I stayed in july the stay was really a best i ever had.the manager gary helped me with the city information .and made every effort to make the stay comfortable...the breakfast was really excellent one .

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Me and a few friends were staying here for one night as we were going out downtown. From the moment we walked in the man and woman at the desk were incredibly rude. They told us they would have people watching the security cameras to see if we were all staying over night or sneaking people in, they used a rude tone and before even allowing us to explain our situation bean informing us of the consequences of having more than the requested amount of people per room. I understand their concerns with big groups but the fact that they talked down to us from the moment we came to the desk, not making feel welcomed but rather threatened was incredibly unprofessional. At nearly every hotel I've ever stayed at the concierge has always been well mannered and inviting, I can't put into words how disappointed I was at the people working here. I was looking forward to this weekend for a long time and I felt embarrassed having to deal with the uncomfortable situation they put me in, in front of my friends. I personally would not recommend staying here. If I'm going to pay money to stay someplace I want to feel welcomed, common courtesy shouldn't be this difficult.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank S K
Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here one night while we were driving across Canada. The room was comfortable and cool as it was hot outside. The air-conditioner was quiet. There was also a fridge small microwave and a coffee maker with supplies in the room. The staff were friendly and efficient. Especially when some local thugs tried to take the bikes off our bike rack during the evening. The security staff noticed and called our room and had us come down and lock up the bikes in the hotel. They also got us to move our car so that it could be seen by the security cameras as we had our car loaded with stuff as we are generally camping. Breakfast offered plenty of choices. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this place for a reasonable price with breakfast included. There's also a good Thai restaurant a block and a half walking distance away.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed July 10, 2014

Today my husband and I went to reserve a room for 2 employees of his, we waited a long time for the reservation process the staff was not sure how to process the room for us. They didn't even know if they could make a photocopy of the reservation for us. We finally got everything settled the room reserved, they told us that my husbands employees just have to come in later with their identification and that is all. Our employees went in this evening for their room and got rejected saying there was no reservation even though we had paid earlier and received a copy of our payment and room reservation. The only reason my husbands employees got rejected is for their appearances they are both awesome workers and people themselves just because they have tattoos on them is not a reason to turn people down. The company called my husband about this issue tried playing dumb with the reservation and told him "they do not look like they can afford this room". This room was already paid for by us earlier in the day. I would never recommend this place to anyone at all there is better service available at other hotels which are cheaper in price to.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business