“Worst hotel ever!!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #53 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Dawson Creek, Canada
“Worst hotel ever!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014

We are currently staying here and it has got to be the worst hotel we have ever stayed in! The rooms are nasty, no covers on the bedding, the whole hotel stinks like cigarettes and there are drunks from the bar downstairs wandering the halls. The pool area is disgusting, the pool and hot tub are tiny.... I could go on and on with bad things am do not have one nice thing to say about this dump!!! The staff are terrible, we have tried to get a refund and go somewhere else but they won't give it to us, save yourself the time and money and book anywhere else!!! Horrible experience and we will never stay at any comfort inn again!!

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank kylie_jo85
Homa V, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Dear Kylie_JO85

I am very disappointed that despite all our staff`s effort to provide you with a better service such as free upgraded room, you had an unpleasant stay. We are not Smoke Free property, and the third party booking center unfortunately failed to inform you of that. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences , hope your next stay in Edmonton is in a property better suited for your needs.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Redwater, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014

I stayed there just last week, and I really wished I would of looked at some of these reviews! I know first hand how grossed out I was. For a non-smoker I felt the whole hotel reaked of it. There was a funny smell in the rooms, it wasnt air freshner thats for sure. There was cigarette burns on the blankets, i didnt even want to take my clothing off or m shoes. Then we seen a cleaning lady halling out the garbage and leaving a mess all over the carpets and in front of our door. She never came back to clean it. Then while I was using the bathroom, I was not alone! There was these beige type bugs coming out of the toilet paper. I freaked right there, I hate bugs! We went downstairs and complained. They moved us to the 5th floor, ok a bit better up there, BUT the wallpaper was falling off around the windows, the windows were cracked, the ice was so thick on the windows. Then not even before midnight we have DRUNKS kicking down my door so we called downstairs to have security come up and they never did. I was scared to death then! I couldnt sleep, we packed up and left and came back the next morning to talk to someone. He sure did show concern and tell us that Since this was our 1 year wedding anniversary he was gonna put together a special package just for us. Only to be called 3 days later and told my manager said you can have the same room and thats it. REALLY!?!?! YOU AND YOUR HOTEL RUINED MY 1 YEAR ANNIVERSARY AND YOU DIDN'T EVEN CARE!!!! stay away from this hotel!!! Oh then we went to the hot tub, and the hand rail was broken where I almost slipped from the water on the step and not expecting the hail rail to be broke, the smell of smoke is gross and nasty. The saunas have things carved into the wood. Its not a good hotel, so not happy!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank BrandyRomeo32

Travelers are raving about these Edmonton hotels

Prince George, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013

I found the hotel to have warm and friendly staff. My room was always ready, clean and comfortable. Any items I requested or needed were happily brought to me. After many stays, I have nothing but good things to say and would recommend them to anyone who wants a quiet, clean room with warm staff to tend to your needs.

Room Tip: I have stayed in the penthouse and a king size room. Both were more than comfortable.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Sheryl F
Homa V, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Dear Sheryl,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your views on your stay. I am so glad you had a pleasant experience, and all our staff are so much looking forward to seeing you again

Warmest Regards
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

Service in general was excruciatingly horrid.Was charged for something I accidently clicked on, which would of never happened, had they had a proper working remote for my television. Was forced to pay even after explaining my situation, due to my alternative apperance( punk). Never stay here unless you dont mind judgemental and unaccepting service.

• Stayed December 2013
Dear Unsatisfactoryand,

I am very sorry to hear that your stay with us was not satisfactory. At Comfort Inn we constantly try to make our guest s stay as pleasant as possible within our limits. However , there are some circumestances beyound our limits, such the movie company which operates independently.
Please accept my sincere apologies, I sincerely hope your next stay in Edmonton yields towards a more favorable experience.
Quebec City, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

Nothing spectacular about the place, it's old and could use some updates, plumbing is a little noisy, but very convenient central location and more affordable than most other hotels downtown. Lots of things around. Also has free parking which is great.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Consort, Alberta, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

The staff was miserable from the time we walked in the door, the price I booked at somehow wasn't the price anymore, they didn't make it easy to deal with them. The front desk girl fought with me about the rate, and I had it printed on my reservation confirmation, but still I was somehow wrong. It would be great if anyone spoke clear english. I had my mother and aunt with me and I felt bad I had booked such an awful hotel. The rooms were oddly shaped and had a funny smell, the bed covers seemed dingy and the bedspread had cigarette burns in it. Breakfast was ok but I will never ever stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Homa V, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear Norah B,

I am very sorry that your experience with our hotel was not what we had hoped for. As there are so many different venues to book a room sometimes the third party booking center does not enter the detailed information, amd some details like number of people is important to be in compliance with health codes.Please accept our sincere apologies for our staff shortcoming.
Hope your next stay with our chain is more pleasant.
Lincoln, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

Being a Comfort Inn, I wasn't expecting much. That was probably a good place to start, but it was still downhill from "not much".

When you arrive you just can't miss the smell of cigarette smoke. It seems to be everywhere; in the lobby, in the elevator, in the halls. And this is supposed to be a smoke free property. Maybe they mean "smoke all you like! It's free!".

When you get to your room you better be happy with the temperature, because the climate control is under a plexiglass guard that is locked. My thermostat made a constant clicking noise that would have driven me nuts if I didn't have ear plugs. My room was also adjacent to the elevator, so I was serenaded by hydraulic/electromechanical sounds all night. The whole place is just really tired.

The staff were indifferent, but I can see why they wouldn't be very enthusiastic working in such a depressing place.

Do yourself a favour, spend another twenty or thirty bucks a night ans stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Select another hotel.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dear Muttman,
It is very understandable that smell of smoke is not pleasant for a non smoker. I am very sorry you had to experience that. We are not smoke free property, one floor has designated to smoking option, and we try to contain the smell in that floor only,
Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience.