“Convenient Location and Friendly Staff”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #56 of 91 Hotels in Edmonton
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We've stayed here many times and are always satisfied with the hotel and service. The front desk staff were very helpful and friendly. The on-site Chinese restaurant was also very nice. Note: the restaurant can't do room service or charge to the room. It's a completely separate business.
We were able to check-in a few hours early. I knew the room would have a refrigerator, but I was a little surprised to see the microwave and just how big the room was. It was a standard king room.
The selection at the complimentary breakfast is very good and includes hot items. I don't think the juice machine was working well because the juice wasn't cold.
The only thing I'd recommend to management would be to look at replacing windows. They seem old and allow some street noise in.
Bonus: free parking and allow dogs in certain rooms.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Homa V, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Dear Micbou,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your comments. This was a great boost for all of us at Comfort Inn to try even harder providing our guests with a very pleasant stay.
On behalf of all our staff I send you our sincere gratitude

Reviewed October 8, 2013

The hotel was fine. The breakfast was free and was pretty unimpressive. Free parking was nice. We booked on priceline and got a very good deal for the location. Bed was comfy and the TV was nice. We went for a run and you can get to the river in about 6 minutes. They let us leave some luggage with them after we checked out. The luggage storage was in the manager's office and can only accommodate small bags. I found the mini-fridge in the room to be pretty loud (but I'm sensitive).

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Jacob H

I greatly appreciate your taking the time to write your comments. You have very valid points, and we will definatley consider them in our future decision making.
Thank you so much for your time, and hope to be your host again.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

I stayed here for a business trip. My employer booked the room with her credit card but aparently that was only to hold the room so when I went to check in they would not let me check in. My boss had to come down and present her credit card again. They would not send a third party credit form or anything. And to top it all off the resturant will not do room service or charge to your room. I will never stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013

Dear Karly Rae,

I agree these days saftey and security protocols creat a lot of hassles, however it is for our own peace of mind. To avoid back charges, and identity theft, we have no choice but to double check all transactions. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you had to endure. We will do our best to ease up the procedures.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

This past August I traveled across Canada, straight from Nova Scotia. I chose Choice Hotels for my stays along the way. By the time I arrived to Edmonton it was rather late, I had been driving for 16 hours and I wanted nothing but my King suit I booked online that morning. When I arrived I was treated with poor service, they told me I never booked the suit and to top it off I had to pay for it AGAIN at the front counter. I am 19... and so far traveled five provinces and three hotels by myself and never had a problem.
I booked the room online with my parents credit card number and they wanted to see the card which I didn't have on me but had a photo copy version, that wasn't going to slide for them... So according to them the room wasn't booked but I HAD to stay in it otherwise I would be charged as a no show. Like if your going to charge it as a no show why can't you charge the credit card for me to stay?
Anyway, along with being treated with absolutely no respect I paid with my debit card. The following morning I awoke to a receipt slid under the door saying my current charges were 756.00$ !! That was so much fun to deal with at the front desk with the exact same lady.
Needless to say if you are traveling and want a comfortable, easy going place to stay this is sadly not the place as it caused me more stress than anything I had encountered on my journey.
The complimentary breakfast on the other hand was delicious :)

Room Tip: I recommend if you can book a cheap King suit DO IT. It's totally worth it and accommodated all...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank KarlyRaeK
Reviewed September 28, 2013

A friend and I stayed here for 2 weeks. We have just moved to Canada so had quite a bit of luggage with us. On arrival we knew we were likely too early to check-in but asked if they could store our luggage. The check-in clerk was quite rude and made it clear he was not happy with us -despite us repeatedly thanking him - but reluctantly allowed us to store our bags in what looked like an office.

Fast forward 3 hours to check-in. We had to provide a credit card as a damage deposit yet despite the machine receipt saying "Approved" - the clerk insisted the transaction had failed and wanted a different card. We provided one and the problem was sorted. Suspicious.

The lifts were often out of order - as in every day - which even required the use of a filthy back stairs on one occasion with the exit into the back of the car park.

We're new to Canada, and possibly it's customary for maids here to ask you whether you require your room to be cleaned, but when I'm paying decent money to stay in this hotel I don't expect to be asked that question on a daily basis. It seemed like the cleaners were trying to pressurise us into giving them one less room to attend to - they also came at completely random times throughout the 2 weeks which made it hard to keep a routine.

Our key cards worked about 70% of the time - normally having to get them reprogrammed by an always grumpy looking old man who works at reception, while the noise from the neighbouring Dockside Bar made sleep an ambitious task regardless of how tired we were.

The complimentary wifi internet was constantly either slow or not working at all. It also required acceptance of the hotels terms and conditions which popped up and disabled browsing far too frequently - think 7-8 times per hour.

Perhaps my biggest gripe with this hotel is that we stayed there for 2 weeks, and on the day before we left I needed a sheet printed. I asked the guys at reception could I get a single sheet printed. Sure they said. It'll cost you $10. That's right, they charged me $10 for 30 mins computer access so I could sit down for 1 minute and print something from a USB stick. Pathetic.

The only positives for this hotel are the free good quality breakfast, and it's excellent central location.

Avoid at all costs.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Rex R
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Hotel is easy to get to, and the staff were very friendly and helpful.

Room was very clean and comfortable and surprisingly quiet for a down town hotel.

Workout room was tiny and the hours were not great as it locked up after 10pm. The pool is quite small and is suitable for a dip but not rally for swimming more than a stroke or 2. The hot tub was nice.

Breakfast was more than we expected, there was a lot of variety to choose from including hot food and eggs cooked to order.

We would stay here again the location is good and the price was fair.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Janamik
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I have to start off by saying they had a new flat screen t.v. Even though it was not huge some hotels still have the old box style. Room was a fair size, I did not feel claustrophobic. The rooms all overlook a central courtyard which is the pool and it can get noisy if there are kids in it, but no big deal. The room was nicely laid out with plug ins built in to the lamps, I love that feature as I don't like hunting around for plug ins. My only real complaints were the following. I tried calling down to the desk later in the evening for a wake up call, but no one ever answered the phone. The fan in the bathroom is very loud and automatically comes on when the light comes on, I would prefer the fan have it's own switch, or install quieter fans. And, is it really necessary to have a Matt in front of the elevator, I tripped on it 2 times. The elevators are very slow. Overall I felt I received a fair value for the price I paid, not bad.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo