“Better than expected for 2.5 Star.”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #57 of 91 Hotels in Edmonton
Reviewed July 21, 2013

This Hotel has a lot of things going for it.
1. Free Parking - Most Downtown Hotels charge for parking and some up to $30 per night (however, the parking is outside and open, so I am not sure if I would park an expensive car there).
2. Excellent location only a block from Jasper Avenue and easy access if you are coming from the South.
3. I found the rooms to be quite nice, and very clean. The beds were very comfortable. Lots of pillows. Everything was well cared for. There was also a fridge. The shower was very strong and the curtain was curved to allow more space inside the shower. The phone is right by the bed, something that could be taken for granted, but other Downtown hotels don't have that.
4. The hall ways are dated but very clean and well cared for.
5. Service with a smile upon check in and check out.
On the down side, the pool was very small. I had some problems operating the air conditioner, but didn't ask for help. The AC was a little cold, but I just turned it off and opened the window and that was nice, as in most Hotels you can't do that. The lobby air is a little stuffy coming in from the parking, but once you go upstairs everything smells great and that's what really counts for me.
They do have free breakfast, but I didn't try it. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

Loved the continental breakfast, pool, gym, fridge and spacious room. Just it was a little pricy and no shopping malls, restaurants, or gas stations close by. However I do understand it is downtown and I only had 3 choices of hotels from table charm and I chose this one because it was the best.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed July 12, 2013

This is a nice hotel with clean rooms and good breakfast. wasn't disappointed in my stay but i don't have much to rave about either. for the price it's a great place to sleep. the pool was surprisingly small but it wasn't very busy (no one else was in the pool when we were) so there was ample room for my son to swim. the inside hotel rooms over look the pool area and because it's such a small area you could see into other room's windows if the curtains were open. we were only there for one night so this didn't concern me, we just kept the curtains closed. i would recommend asking for a room that doesn't over look the pool if you want to have natural light coming in.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank tired_2013
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Upon arrival there was not one staff member smiling. From the desk staff to the service group. The lobby was dank and the smell reminded me of an old house basement with disinfectant sprayed around. The room was muggy and the thermostat was locked so we could not adjust the temperature/air conditioning. The windows faced the pool area and we could see into all the other rooms. Luckily the window was so dirty that I don't think the other hotel guests could see us. Nothing was particularly clean. For the price, it was one of the worst hotel experiences we've ever had.
The one positive is location. Easy to find and easy to get anywhere downtown Edmonton.

Room Tip: Rooms outside are noisy. Inside, don't bother opening your curtain as it is full view to the roo...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Travelling from the NWT to Edmonton, my dog and I stayed at the Comfort Inn once again. It was good to be in a familiar hotel and to be remembered by staff. Staff are very friendly and accommodating. Rooms are clean.
One tip though .. if you are requesting a pet-friendly room, ask for one facing outside with a window. Our room was interior with pool on one side. The room was a bit hot and stuffy.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I had a comfortable stay at this hotel and had everything I needed. The room itself was great. The design of the hotel is a little awkward. My room was facing the pool. I could see very well what was going on inside other rooms facing the pool. As a result, I always kept my curtain closed .

I'll mention a couple of this I didn't like just to give the manager/s idea on how to improve the place.

* I was not impressed with the hotel restaurant and bar. I didn't actually dine there, but I saw some shady people outside and didn't want to visit either.
* Wifi was super slow unless you logged early in the morning or late at night.
* Breakfast was not impressive but filling.
* The hotel has an old smell to it and the corridors could use an upgrade to the 21st century.

Bottom line, you get what you pay for, so if you don't expect a 5 star hotel for this price you should be fine.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank SillyMidget
Reviewed June 24, 2013

It was my first time to Edmonton. The hotel couldn't have been better located for me. The room and the hotel in general were in good condition and quite clean. Lots of shopping and eating places nearby - even AT the hotel, though I didn't have a chance to try the bar or the Chinese restaurant. Upon arrival I was greeted warmly by Gary and another gentleman at the front desk, and interacted frequently and pleasantly with the staff over my 2 nights. Oh, the included breakfast had enough options for me (a picky eater) for a bit of energy for the morning - yogurt, scrambled/hard boiled eggs, a variety of breads for toasting. Cereals, sausages and other items were plentiful. I was very pleased with this hotel.

Room Tip: From the airport, very easy to take the 747 Bus to Century Park station, and then the LRT to Bay sta...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo