“Good value in a great location”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #57 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Calgary, Canada
“Good value in a great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

A very clean hotel with friendly staff in downtown Edmonton with easy access to the University of Alberta and transit.

Pros:
- Location
- Continental Breakfast - phenomenal!
- Seems to have decent pool/sauna/exercise room (if open - see cons)
- Friendly staff
- Clean, well-stocked rooms

Cons:
- Lack of temperature controls in rooms (the heater only has a fan control. There is a thermostat but it's locked up. When I entered my room it was unbearably warm - ended up sleeping with the window open in January!)
- The pool/exercise facilities don't open until 9 am. I was hoping to get in a quick AM workout but was unable to do so.

• Stayed January 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Lloydminster, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

For anyone who needs to do business this is a great hotel. Located in the heart of edmonton this hotel gives you a nice place to relax at the end of the day, Nice rooms for great rates. Also close to hosptital and government buildings,Also has poolnd hot tub but its on different floor so no kids running around. The free breakfast is the best i have ever seen or had.....

Room Tip: Great breakfast
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Kamloops, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

Reading what some other reviewers have to say, I can't believe they are talking about the same hotel. I recently had the pleasure of staying at the Comfort Inn & Suites once again. I made my reservation online ahead of time and check-in was quick and painless. The room provided for me and my dog was clean and didn't appear to be any "older" or "worse" than any non-pet room in the hotel.
The staff are always friendly and accommodating. Even though it had been some time since our last stay, it was nice to be remembered by the staff. The cleaning staff seem to always be working hard in keeping the rooms, hallways and foyer clean.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank wej2011
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

We have stayed at this comfort Inn a few times, in their Jaccuzzie Suites. The rooms were nice, though, some nicer than others. The staff were friendly, helpful and accomadating. This hotel is close to downtown businesses and shops and was especially convenient for our needs being 1 block away from the light rail transit (we took in a concert at the connected Rexall Center). Thanks for everything, we'll be back soon.

Room Tip: Ask to see a couple rooms upon arrival. We didn't know they were different until our last stay...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
British Columbia, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

I would not recommend staying at this hotel. I was given an inside room, with no windows facing outside, except one towards the indoor pool, but it's not a window you want to have open, since other rooms could see right in to your bed. There was no source of natural light.

I'm also in the habit of checking hotel beds for bedbugs, and when I checked the box spring/mattress at this hotel, I found the most disgusting box spring I have ever seen in a hotel. I've posted a picture of the filth.

In all fairness, the breakfast was decent and the breakfast room was much newer than the room I had to stay in.

I would definitely not recommend staying here. There's a much nicer comfort in right across the street, or the Matrix hotel a few blocks down the road.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank K2013B

Travelers are raving about these Edmonton hotels

Airdrie
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

If your pet is like a member of your family like mine is DON'T STAY HERE!!!

The pet room they put me in was awful, disgusting!! My dog didn't even want to stay there.

I made my reservation by calling the 1-888-384-6835 as listed on the website and spoke to who I thought was a representative for the Comfort Inn. I asked if they were pet friendly and if I would be getting the same room as shown on the website. The representative assured me I would be getting the same room as the hotel had been recently remodeled. Upon my arrival the staff told me I made my reservation with Expedia, which I didn't and was confused.

I checked in and went to the room. Wow, what a surprise. The room was old, the carpet was dirty, the bed was hard and had a dip in the mattress. To top it off when I pulled back the sheets I found a long black hair on the sheets.

When I went down to the front counter to complain to the staff they were very rude and said they could not do anything because I booked through Expedia. When I attempted to explain I called the 1-888# listed the staff said no I booked it through Expedia, I must be dumb because I know what I did. The staff continued to explain I was not the first person to complain about this issue and there was nothing that could be done. When I asked about the quality of the room I was told they have certain rooms for pets, which I can understand, however they are not the nice rooms as shown on the website. The staff then told me if I didn't have a dog she would gladly switch me to one of the newer remodeled rooms. [--] Y*u lady my dog is like my child.

So you pay an extra pet fee to stay in a dirty old room!!!

I don't think so. I contacted another hotel, The Crowne Plaza and explained my situation. They took me in and the hotel & rooms are beautiful. The staff there said all there rooms are the same, pets are just restricted to a certain floor, which totally makes sense.

Long story short if you are a pet lover and are traveling with your pet don't stay here.

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank Andrew200
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

Gary and his team were amazing!! Fast checkin, personable service, caring staff, they were so helpful giving us directions, great breakfast, super clean rooms!! Great Location walking distance from the Shaw Conference Centre. Thank you so much!

• Stayed November 2012