Where to begin...
1) Booked a non-smoking room online, but was given a smoking room. After insisting they change rooms or find me another hotel I was moved to a non-smoking room.
2) Carpet on stairs was half-removed but the edges were still ragged and easy to trip on
3) On the second evening we came back to find the carpet had been completely ripped off the stairs, but the base had not and was uneven and a huge hazard
4) The crowbar left in the middle of the staircase was a bit concerning
5) The caution tape draped over the door at the top of the stairs was definitely concerning
6) The two gaping holes in the hallway ceiling full of either black mold or had been burnt out
7) The included continental breakfast is coffee/tea with a choice of toast or an english muffin. Or a $5 off voucher for a meal over $12.
8) I'm 5'4" and my feet hung over the double bed.
9) One would think that with the CFR in town and the hotels city-wide being so busy that they would have ensured screws weren't left all over the floor at the base of the stairs, the caution tape wasn't haphazardly strewn across doors and the ceiling wasn't gaping open.
I will not be staying at a Travelodge again. Please look at photos to see this isn't just sour grapes.More