“NO! AVOID!”

Ranked #59 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Red Deer, Canada
“NO! AVOID!”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

What a terrible stay! When we first arrived, the check-in staff were very rude and impatient seeming that the line up was long. Our room wasn't ready yet at two o'clock which is fine, but still disappointing. In the morning, there was a $10 "buffet" breakfast offered. We got there and there was one line formed and two ladies working. The one lady was collecting money and the other was giving tickets. The lady giving the tickets was very rude and said "There's two lines here!". I went to her. When I got my two tickets I was wondering why I only had two tickets and wondered what these were for especially for a buffet breakfast. One was for food and the other for drinks. I found this really stupid. We could only go once for a "buffet"? Never in my life have I heard such a stupid thing. Especially for $10! When we got into the so called "buffet" area, the staff served us the meal and a drink. Stupidest thing I've ever seen in my life! We ate the cold, rubbery eggs gross sausages and warm hash browns. Went to Smitty's the next morning which was a bit better, but still disappointing. Showers were freezing cold. The pool was closed too. Overnight stay, no housekeeping had been done. No towels changed, bed not made, etc. Above all, avoid this hotel. I will not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Opsmanager0, General Manager at Ramada Edmonton South, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
I have passed all your concerns onto the Restaurant managers as they are not part of our hotel.
and all reviews pertaining to food and beverage I do pass this on to them to contact customers.

Our pool has been closed for 3 1/2 years waiting for demolition permits to have this areas removed. This is currently to the end of completion When the original group block was done, the contact person was advised that we have no pool, and they stated that being the persons coming in were going to be at the conference being held they did not feel this would be any issue, but the group booking person was informed. Many of the groups just called in and reserved a number of rooms under their own name . It was a very busy weekend, with check ins and being the check out time is not until 11 am, and on a weekend, majority or our guests from the night before did not check out until that time. Check in time is at 3 pm, but we tried to at least get one or two rooms from each group ready so that persons could store belongings in until they returned from the conference. No pre arrangements were made by any of this group for early check in requests.
If there was any issue with the shower, I am sure a call to the front desk for maintenance they would have come immediately, but we had no other concerns brought forward at all from that weekend. We would have addressed the issue immediately

We do apologize for any inconvenience that this guest felt, as our goal is to provide good customer service to all our clients, and do the best we can to provide each and every guest with a good experience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Leduc, Canada
Reviewed May 29, 2013

There were no free parking spots when I got there. I had to drive around for awhile when I got there. The front desk staff were very rude and unaccommodating. My room was pretty clean for the most part, but the bathroom was not. There were hairs on the tiles above the tub and scum in the bathtub. Since I did not bring flip flops to wear in the shower, I never got to take one. The pillows were hard and lumpy. I would not stay here again, I could find another hotel for the same price that's better than this one.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Tanai G
Opsmanager0, Manager at Ramada Edmonton South, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Your review has been brought forward to all departments, and I can assure you this is not at all the kind of service we provide at our hotel. I have looked into the issues of check in and ask that this guest contact me directly to address the concerns they have.

There is a strict standard at our hotel to provide above and beyond customer service, and clean well maintained rooms. If we have not met this standard we look into the reasons why and address them immediately.

Again I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations, and do hope you will give us another try
Airdrie
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Overnight stay, no housekeeping had been done - no coffee refreshed, not one towel changed, bed not made, nothing!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Opsmanager0, General Manager at Ramada Edmonton South, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
First of all my sincere apologies to this guest for any inconvenience they encountered during their stay. I would like to communicate with this client directly to find out more on the situation they encountered I will send a private message to find out if they had a DND on the door, housekeepers are not allowed to go into the room. But I can sure you I will look into this immediately to find out more as this is not at all the kind of standard we give to any of our customers
Dundurn, Canada
Reviewed April 1, 2013

First there was no parking, but they made it sound like there was lots of parking space. We ended parking in a flooded part of the parking lot and my husband got his shoes soaked. It was lke that for all 3 night of our stay. The pillows were all lumpy, the heater was so noisy it kept waking me up until I finally got up and unplugged it. There was no swimming pool. For the price I paid I could have stayed anywhere and at least got a pool. We also noticed some escorts waiting around at night for customers. The Smitty's restaurant staff were not super friendly. It was a dump and I will never stay there again. I had Deal Find coupons which they said expired and I was told after it expires the value I paid works like cash but they would not let me use it, so even if I lose my money for the coupon that I paid cash for I will never stay there again. There was never a manager around and so I couldn't even complain to one. Anyways, not only did I feel that the hotel was a dump but I feel like I got scammed. Total cost that I spent for three night was over $600.00 I did no damages, no room service, just went there to sleep. Totally something wrong with this picture.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Daisy L
Opsmanager0, General Manager at Ramada Edmonton South, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
I have the contact information for this particular guest and will be reviewing all the comments made. I understand there was an issue with Deal Find Vouchers, that I would like to discuss further with them. I am sorry that the hotel did not meet these clients expectations, and can assure all our customers all comments and concerns are thouroughly investigated. I am sorry that we did not meet the expecations of this guest.