“excellent customer service”

Edmonton Inn and Conference Centre
Ranked #80 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 21, 2010

I recently spent 2 nights at this hotel with a friend I accompanied to Edmonton for a medical precedure, though it is not my usual choice when I come to Edmonton. This hotel was chosen because or it's close proximity to the Lois Hole Hospital for Women, and offers a medical stay rate. The staff was EXCELLENT, both front desk and housekeeping. I travel alot, and I found them to be very helpful and attentive. Check in was quick, and the staff was eager to help in any way they could. The side we stayed in was not the newly renovated side, and the room was dated and a little sad. But it was clean, including being dusted properly, which is an important consideration to me! There was an odor in the room/hallway, it just generally smelt like an older building. We did mention this to housekeeping, and they sprayed right away with an odor nutrilizer which both cured the problem and did not agravate any allergies. I expect to stay here again when my friend returns for other procedures/check-ups, as the location is ideal being so close to the hospital. Though to be honest, when I am just in Edmonton for fun trips/shopping I will stay at my usual favorites.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Manager2009, Manager at Edmonton Inn and Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2010

DevotedMom

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment on your stay with us. It is great to receive feedback from our guests on our hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us; we take great pride in ensuring our entire team is focused on delivering the very best guest experience at all times. I agree with you that a room may be a little older provided cleanliness is top notch; we take great pride in our housekeeping department as this is always their #1 priority.
We hope to welcome you back to Edmonton in the near future.

Reviewed October 19, 2010

good hotel friendly helpful staff had no problems with anything overall had a great stay and would definetly come back again

Poland4life

We hope your travels will bring you back to Edmonton soon to visit us again.

Reviewed October 16, 2010

I have stayed at this hotel a few times now and have always been impressed with the quality of the rooms and the service. But my recent stay has left the most lasting impression. When I checked into my first room, which was a 2 queen bed suite with a pull out sofa as we were travelling in a group and were on a budget ( 4 adults + 2 kids). It became almost immediately clear that the room had not been properly cleaned by the housekeeping staff. Now, normally this would have been a mark against a hotel but the way front-desk/ management chose to handle it was so professional and effcient, I was amazed. When I called to report my concerns to the front desk they listened patiently with a sympathic ear and within minutes sent someone to not only give us a new room, but actually upgraded us to an adjoining room suite, and helped us with our luggage, they were polite and courteous they entire time. Good customer service is so hard to find especially in Alberta.

Following my trip I was selected to do a survey of my stay and described my experience and following the survey was sent a personal email from the night manager saying he remembered helping us and was pleased to know that our concerns were handled to our satisfaction.

As an employer myself I understand that staff doesn't always live up to our expectations, and clearly a housekeeper made a mistake that day, but the hotel itself clearly still respected the importance of good customer service, and made me feel that I was a valued customer. When I go to Edmonton again, I know exactly where I'll be staying.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family

groomergirl

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a comment on your stay with us. I apologize for the uncharacteristic error in checking you into a incomplete room. I am glad to hear that our associates/management team resolved the matter quickly with as little inconvenience to you as possible. I do appreciate the positive words on our service as we take great pride in the experience we give our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back soon to Edmonton to visit us again.

Reviewed October 5, 2010

Most of us had a great stay, the service especially at the front desk was very helpfull and friendly. when I brang forward a concern or a request their staff were on it right away especially the night manager which was very professional. I had made her aware of an odour in the hall that i could smell in my room without question my room was changed to a much better renovated room. The room was a smaller size but very cozy. excellent conference rooms with service.

Ipsees88

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment on your stay with us. It is great to receive feedback from our guests on our hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay particularly with regard to the service we provide, we take great pride in ensuring our entire team is focused on delivering the very best service at all times.
We hope your travels will bring you back to Edmonton soon to visit us again.

Reviewed October 4, 2010

We were greeted by friendly staff who went out of their way to print out a map to the airport for us, however the room we stayed in was old and outdated. The carpet had stains and holes, and the room had an odd smell to it. I don't think that it is a great start when there is a comments form for 'What Needs Fixing?'. It did have a huge LCD TV and clean enough bathroom. It was a Hotwire deal that was classed as Downtown Edmonton, I definitely don't class the Ramada as Downtown and there were limited options for food within walking distance, and as we had an early morning flight we ate at the Sports Bar which was plesant enough. The wifi didn't work in the rooms, but does in the lobby. If you are on a budget and just need a room, this would suit, but if you want to explore Edmonton, look closer to the city.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple

PerthAngie

First let me thank you for taking the time to write a comment on your stay with us. I would like to begin by apologizing that you felt the product was not up to standard. We work hard on keeping a clean and well maintained hotel; while I admit that this is large slightly older building we are constantly painting repairing and moving the product in a positive direction. I am glad to hear you enjoyed our new flat screen TV’s, while I agree we are not in the downtown core we are mere minutes away by taxi. With regard to dining choices there are several in the area and our front desk associates would have glad to make a recommendation. Should your travels bring you back to Edmonton please call me personally and I will ensure all goes well with your stay.

Reviewed October 1, 2010

this stay was one of the worst ever experience. the management is not professional specially one assistant manager, Meghan, she is always commits because of her mistakes and back-off easily, and when you try to remind her then she can express her annoyance and may ask you to leave the hotel. never go to north tower as the flooer is full of stinks...this was my 2nd stay and all the time, the first room i get is too filthy and they change the room after 3-4 hours.i have the pictures of the room where they were satisfied with the cleaning, so that you can see their quality standard.................in all, Ramada Conference Centre is a blot on hotel management in hotel chains......

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank AFrequentTraveller28
Manager2009, Manager at Edmonton Inn and Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2010

Afrequenttraveller28

Thank you for posting your message on Tripadvisor, I do appreciate the feedback positive or negative as this becomes a tool for us to improve. I would welcome the opportunity to speak to you directly about the concerns you had at our hotel and am enclosing my email address for your convenience. With regard to the cleanliness of the hotel; we take great pride in our hotel from a maintenance perspective and a cleanliness perspective and if there were challenges I would welcome the opportunity to speak to you and review them.

jsaad@silverbirchhotels.com

Reviewed September 10, 2010

Please never come to this hotel. The service isn't good. The rooms are all cracked up. Very old looking. It could use a lot more reno. FOOD SUCKED. For us, the only good thing about this hotel was the convention center (wedding), and the little pond thing. Completely sold us. And don't believe the pics!!! They are horrible when u look up close.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family

Canucks101

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a comment on your stay with us. I would like to begin by apologizing for you not enjoying your stay with us. We work hard on keeping a clean and well maintained hotel; while I admit that this is large slightly older building we are constantly painting repairing and moving the product in a positive direction. Our pictures posted are of our actual public space and guest rooms which we take great pride in. Again I apologize that the hotel was not up to your standards.