“flat screen T.V.'s would be nice.”

Ramada Edmonton Hotel & Conference Centre
Ranked #78 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
GreenLeadersBronze level
North Battleford, Canada
“flat screen T.V.'s would be nice.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

Recently stayed here for a big Conference, the people at the front desk were very patient and nice. After I checked in, I proceeded to the elevators and was surprised they had a security aspect to them, people had to swipe their guest cards before the elevator doors would open and I thought this was a good idea. Our room was was spacious and clean, all the colors matched in our room. Everything in our room was great except it needed a flat screen T.V., our room still had the old style and the screen was small. Would be nice if all the rooms would have flat screen T.V.'s in the future.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Lisa D, Manager at Ramada Edmonton Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, January 1, 2014
Thank you for telling us about your experience. We make every effort to put the comfort and safety of our guests first and are thrilled that our efforts met your needs. I can understand your dissapointment regarding the television in your room. We do have flat screen tv's available in our East Tower. Please feel free to request a room in the section of our building on your next stay. Alternatively, please contact me directly and I will be glad to make your next reservation for you.

We look forward to your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Grande Prairie, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

I was very pleased with every aspect of this hotel except for room service. It took one and a half hours to get a pizza cooked and delivered by the in house restaurant but after a very rude conversation by the room service person we actually phoned the front desk and within minutes the manager was there at our door with a fresh pizza and he even paid for it. This service was above and beyond expectations and was delivered in a very friendly manner and we really appreciated it. The room was very clean and comfortable and since we were there for medical reasons and have a follow up in six months we will definitely be back. Breakfast in the morning was excellent and dinner in the evening was first class. I will highly recommend the Ramada Hotel to every one.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Sharron M
We are grateful for your comments and glad that you enjoyed your stay. I am glad that we were able to resolve your room service concern quickly. We are looking forward to your next visit.
Vegreville
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

When I arrived I asked an attendant for some info regarding where the Co-op conference rooms were and was sarcastically told there was lots of them I then asked her to point me in the direction so I could find them myself. I found the People I was looking for and went to check in which was handled much better. I got out of the elevator to paint peeling off of exterior and a wine bottle against the wall. I took pictures this was not a great first impression at 230 pm in the afternoon. Hotel is very dated and not likely to be someplace I will return to

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

2 Thank Glen M
Thank you for telling us about your recent stay. We enjoyed hosting your annual conference. I am sorry that we clearly were not as helpful as we should have been upon your arrival to the hotel. I am glad that we were able to improve your impression upon checkin. I have passed along your comments to our team so that you we can ensure we make improvements. It sounds as though our team was still preparing the floor for the day's arrivals and this is a great reminder that we need to do while removing debris from the floors more quickly.

If you wish to discuss your stay further, please contact me at your convenience.
Fairbanks, Alaska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

Stayed here 1 night, my reservation was messed up and did not show I was traveling with pets, but they quickly fixed it and found a pet room. The room was clean, it was a suite with two beds and a pull out couch. My only complaint would be that there was no door between the bedrooms and living room, but not a huge deal. Ordered room service, the fish was great. Will stay there again when traveling through Edmonton.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank scott g
Thank you so much for your comments. I am sorry that there was confusion with your reservation but am glad that we were able to rectify it quickly. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Vegreville, Alberta, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

Since the City Centre Airport closure, this hotel seems to habe been allowed to slowly deteriorate. Language barrier with many of the foreign worker staff leads to a lot of miss-communications and nobody seems to know for sure about the special dietary needs of celiac sufferers. Did my wife get contaminated by gluten or not? We may never know. The rooms were clean, but their age and lack of updating clearly shows. There are no firges in the rooms, but no worry, just put whatever you want to stay cold on the window ledge behind the drapes and iy will stay just barely above freezing - don't forget to close the drapes, though or you will also stay just barely above freezing. All of the meeting rooms, restaurants and public areas were cold - uncomfortably cold. Some course participants were fortunate enough to have jackets to leave on to help somewhat combat this - most did not.

I find it difficult to believe that Wyndam Group has this hotel as part of their chain. Time to tear it down and redevelop the site if this is the best they can do.

Room Tip: There is a newer hotel across the street to the west of this hotel. Rooms there may be a vast improv...
1 Thank Tracker856
Lisa D, Manager at Ramada Edmonton Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Thank you for your comments. I was dissapointed to hear that your stay was not as comfortable as it should have been. We were experiencing challenges with our heating system and the builder cooler than is normal at this time of the year. We have been able to resolve the issue.

We are glad that you found yor room to be clean and acknowledge that our building is aging. We do have rooms in our East Tower that havebeen refurbished more recently and would be happy to accommodate you in that toweer on your next visit.

I have shared your comments with our team so that we can continue to work at meeting our guests needs in all facets of our operation. Again, thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.