Edmonton Inn and Conference Centre
Union Bank Inn(Edmonton)
$138
Union Bank Inn
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed May 20, 2013

First of all after calling the 1800 res center to make my reservation i had to call back an additonal 3 times to receive an email confirmation. Good thing i printed it out and brought it with me because when i arrived ( at 2am) they could not find my reservation, they had to actually call the res center to ask them, then they proceeded to cancel my previous reservation and have to make an entire new reservation for me. Good thing they had space!!!! I decided to pay cash and I had to leave a $250 cash deposit. Not happy about it but...ok.Extremely old hotel and is in DESPERATE need of a renovation. carpet in my room very very dirty, stained and had burn holes. Stains on bathroom ceiling. Even after checking in, and having people try to contact me in the hotel, the operator could never find my reservation and told people they had no body by that name. I had breakfast buffet included. Not bad, i would say mediocre at best. The waitress was friendly however. Lunch one day in the restaurant and i wanted to charge it to my room because i had the $250 deposit but i received a call in my room from the waitress asking me to come back to the restaurant to pay cash for the bill because my deposit could not be used for the restaurant, it was strictly a damage deposit. Damage deposit I asked????? with a room in such disrepair???? ok..... so a few minutes passed, then the manager of the restaurat called and hastled me to come to the restaurant and pay. i had no problema paying but i did not like being hastled to come and pay immediately especially when the hotel has my 250 deposit and my bill at the restaurant was only $20.NEVER EVER WILL I STAY IN THIS HOTEL AGAIN! forthe rude service and bad state of romos.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
741LisaD, Manager at Edmonton Inn and Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your concerns with us. We are so sorry that we did not meet your minimum expectation of a smooth check in. I have followed up with our central reservations team and we have rectified the problems associated with our computer system on that night. I too would have been upset if I had a confirmation number and no reservation.

I understand that you also had a concern with our deposit policy. We do appreciate that many people prefer to pay cash rather than using a credit card and we are quite proud that we are one of the few hotels in our city that except cash. Our policy is to take a $250 deposit, along with the payment for room and tax up front. We have worked with our reservations and front office associates to ensure that they are informing guests of this at the time of reservation. It sounds as though we did not do this when you made your reservation. I am sorry that this came as a surprise to you and I can assure you that I will work with our teams so that we prevent this from happening to future guests.

Regards,
Lisa

Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed here a few times only because its close to where I needed to be.
I stayed in the newer part and the older part of the hotel.
Newer part is nice and clean. Older area smelled like an ashtray.
The lounge was beautiful but if you ceiling is windows plasma TVs aren't the best idea.
The food was good.
The staff were incredibly friendly! From the front desk,wait staff to the room attendants!! Everyone was cheerful and always took the time to say Hello as you passed by.
The staff keeps me coming back.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank Marcellious

Thank you so much for your generous comments. We pride ourselves on our customer service and we are so pleased that our staff have provided you with memorable experiences. We truly appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel for your next stay.

Regards,

Lisa

Reviewed May 15, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Spent 3 nights there on a hockey trip. For a city I guess the rate wasn't bad. What saved it was the included buffet breakfast at the restaurant (good food and nice to not just get a crappy continental breakfast.
Rooms are definitely dated and worn but clean. No fridge or microwave in our room and some of our group that requested them could not get them.
Lots of mixups with reservations. Ours was good but others were told they had not reserved for the whole time (unlikely as we booked a block). One family had other couples walk into their room twice as they booked someone into the same room. Another guy who cancelled his room that he had booked (thinking he couldn/t go) showed up hoping to still get in was told that they had him in their computer for 3 nights still!! Electronic keys kept failing and they tried to blame it on cellphones in your pocket or something (we had 4 keys issued and they all failed so no way all of us had that issue). Staff was friendly! Was a nice hotel but they better get going on the renos!!

I would probably look elsewhere before rebooking but it was ok for what it was. Do not expect too much!

Room Tip: Lower floors better, others complained that the upper floors were hot.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Warren M
741LisaD, Manager at Edmonton Inn and Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2013

Thank you so much for sharing your concerns about your recent stay. We offer our sincere apologies for the inconveniences with your reservations and key cards during your stay. Since your visit, we have been able to resolve the issue with our key cards and have taken steps to prevent it from happening in the future. We agree that our facility is in need of a refresh and reflect this in our rates.
We are glad that you and your group enjoyed our breakfast buffet and that our team was able to assist you during your stay. We pride ourselves on our customer service and are happy to hear that we met your expecatation.
We appreciate the feedback and look forward to exceeding your expectations on your next visit.