Edmonton Inn and Conference Centre
  • Restaurant
  • Fitness center
Matrix Hotel(Edmonton)
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 1, 2008

My husband and I just got back from a 4 night stay at the Ramada on Kingsway, Edmonton. We flew to Edmonton for medical reasons. The medical rate was good but that was the best feature. We will not stay there again !! The first room was dirty, I had to wash the table in order to lay our breakfast tray on it. Carpet is filthy. We decided to order our breakfast on saturday morning, it was disgusting. All of the toast was MOLDY !!!! The fruit was far from fresh. I called down and could not speak to anyone so I left a message. We placed the tray outside the room, got ready and went out for breakfast. I spoke my mind about it all and demanded a clean room. Were told it would be ready by 3:30pm. Well 5pm came and I had to call looking for it. Apparently evening shift had no clue as to what I was talking about ! Anyway we got another room. No change, just as dirty as the last one but the tub did look better. While sitting on the bed and looking around we began to notice it, smears on the walls everywhere, oh my goodness I feel like throwing out my suitcases and the clothes that were in them !!! Told my husband not to touch anything or walk barefoot !! We will not stay there again. Oh yeah and that breakfast did show up on my bill !!!

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
LyndsayDOS, Director of Sales at Edmonton Inn and Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2009

Good afternoon,

I would like to thank you for your review of our hotel. I also wanted to let you know that since your stay we have undergone a multi million dollar refurbishment which includes guestrooms as well as our public area.

I am sorry to hear you had an unpleasant stay at our hotel. I would like to have the opportunity to speak with you in person regarding your stay and inform you of the changes that have been implemented since you were last with us.

Please feel free to contact me at your convenience at 780-453-7339.

Lyndsay Hamilton ▪ Director of Sales
Ramada Conference Centre
11834 Kingsway
Edmonton, AB T5G 3J5
D: 780.453.7339 ▪ F: 780.453.7324

Reviewed March 31, 2008

been all over the world only to stay at the most disgusting hotel in my own country,ramada internationa shame on you. from bedbugs in the hotel to stuck in elevators to having crack whores nocking at my door at all hrs. never never never again.
stayed there for 2months while working for bantrel constructors but had to quit because of the disgusting living conditions. no wonder a fellow jumped form the ninth floor.

Reviewed March 26, 2008

As a businessman, the internet was totally unaccceptable. Three days out of five I could not initially connect. The average wait on hold to talk to the hotels technical Help Desk provider was 45 minutes. Then it was another 30-45 minutes for the Help Desk to resolve or identify the problem. Once the problem was identified as being unique to my room and I eventually got connected, and twice I was told the issue was with the whole hotels internet and to wait awhile and log on again....which worked. Twice I drove over to a nearby hotel and sat in their parking lot and used their internet...it was quicker than being on hold for 45 minutes, then spending another half hour to be told to log back on in a little while. One of the gals behind the front desk confirmed the internet was usually unreliable. If you require internet acess during your day and don't have 2 extra hours to get connected, do not stay here.

Reviewed March 16, 2008

What a place!!!

I like the location and was influenced but a lobby appearence and organisation of several conferences I attended at this place so I decided to check it out.

I have travelled a lot and been everywhere in Alberta and BC on a business trip. I would rate this place as a worst one ever stayed.

My list is long starting with a check in that gave me a key of a room that was either occupied or couldn't open the door so I was walking with my bags around.
This was far the dirtiest place ever stayed both in my room, hallways, or outside. My room had dust everywhere, windows dirty and food over it. Don't even look through a window because there is so much garbage and who knows what else on the roof of the same hotel. Do they ever look through the windows and check the roof of the loby? I had to leave a window open for hours to eliminate a smell (who knows-might have been a smoking room before)
My blanket had numerous cigarette burns and the carpet wasn't in better shape. Hallways are in terrible state. I had a feeling that there is no maintnence at this hotel. Doors on rooms haven't been painted in years, baseboard are hanging from the walls, etc.
Then, on my check out a receptionist wasn't really wiling to listen to my experience.

What a disapointment!!! I will never stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business

Good afternoon,

I would like to thank you for your review of our hotel. I also wanted to let you know that since your stay we have undergone a multi million dollar referbishment which includes guestrooms as well as our public area.

I would like to have the opportunity to speak with you in person regarding your stay as I would like you to try us again in the future and give us the opportunity to show you the hotel again.

Please feel free to contact me at your convenience at 780-453-7339.

Lyndsay Hamilton ▪ Director of Sales
Ramada Conference Centre
11834 Kingsway
Edmonton, AB T5G 3J5
D: 780.453.7339 ▪ F: 780.453.7324

Reviewed February 22, 2008

Having to make a last minute trip to Edmonton left us with few hotel options.We booked at the Ramada and then I read the reviews on Trip Advisor.
Needless to say I was worried about what I had just booked. Since we had no other option we went with what I had read, and hoped for the best,expecting the worst.
The hotel while old, is trying to provide the neccessary amentities and I feel we got that easily for the budget rates the hotel offers.I wonder what ppl expect for $90 dollars a night?
We were in the east tower,our rooms had new mattresses that were quite comfortable.All the pillows were recently replaced as well.
I spotted that as soon as I walked in the room and was SO happy!!
Kudo's to the laundry personal,our sheets were the crispest and whitest I have ever slept on in ages and the towels looked recently updated as well.

I am happy to report we had not one sign of the black mold others have reported. Water pressure was great,lots of hot water and the thermostat worked like a charm!
We had a non smoking room that had definately been smoked in,when we told the front desk they sent staff to ionize the room immediately...problem solved.
The staff in the entire hotel,bar and resteraunt were all so friendly and outgoing! Look for Mel in the Locker Room bar on Mondays and Wednesdays....best waitress EVER! and she has been with this hotel for 5 years.They must do something right .

All I can say in closing was our 4 days there were pleasant and we definately feel we got what we paid for.A clean room with great bedding and a good nights sleep after long hard busy days!

1  Thank Twacy23