Ramada Edmonton Hotel & Conference Centre
Ranked #80 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
GreenLeadersBronze level

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Saskatoon
Reviewed October 31, 2012

My husband and I recently checked out of here, after staying for a week. The internet was terribly slow, at times not working at all. So if you are in school, or need internet for work, don't expect wifi at this location. I approached the front desk, and nothing was done to resolve the issue.

The gentle-man who worked a grave yard shift at the front desk was attempting to argue with me at 1 am when I was just going to pay for an additional night. He was very rude, and unprofessional. Seemed very sexist to say the least.

When checking out, I discovered that without signing anything, the front desk decided to take my security deposit, and use it to cover the room for the one night. Here I thought the Saturday night was covered since I experience all these problems with the internet, nope nothing done about it. The security deposit is not there to pay for the room, and therefore regardless, the front desk should have you sign before taking your cash, and using on the room fee. I found that obscure.

The hallways smelled bad of marijuana smoke, and just turned me right off. The in room dining was awful, when I ordered my meal up to the room, I waited an entire 90 minutes for my food, and the sad thing is, when i got the food, the food was brought up uncovered. I was promised a dessert for my long wait, instead the girl hands me over a ten percent off card, assuring me a discount for next time I decide to eat in the restaurant. Like really? My dinner was cold, I waited 90 minutes for it and she hands me a 10 percent off card.

Im very disgusted with the way things turned out. I stay here regularly, and in fact some of the girls whom have been working at the front desk long enough, know me by name. Its rather a huge disappointment that with the amount of business I have given to you guys, and that is how i get treated in return.

Perhaps, a 1 night stay to resolve this with complimentary breakfast and dinner. Im so disappointed as this was my husband and I's favorite spot!

Room Tip: Request East Tower
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
John M, General Manager at Ramada Edmonton Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you for your candid review of our hotel. I have brought these concerns to our guest service teams. We pride ourselves on producing great guest service, which in this instance we have not. Please accept our apologies.

John Mytz