I have stayed here in the past , but never again. Bck in the 90's and early 2000's it was nice little spot centrally located, not flashy but clean, friendly, and didn't have a moldy stench. When we arrived the elevator was out of service but we could access our room from the upper parking level, well that can happen and fortunately we didn't have to haul our bags up 3 or 4 flights of stairs. We headed back out to attend my daughters wedding rehersal which was close to the hotel. Came back late and tired and went to bed, lumpy nasty bed. When I got up in the morning and headed for the shower NO HOT WATER!!! ok pretty much the last straw, the elevator was finally back in service, so we went down to the Alberts Restaurant attached to the lobby. I had always had a great relationship with the management and staff of the restaurant. New staff and management. Not good, lazy rude, more interested in filling their own faces than tending to the clientel at that point and with no hot water in sight, we were told it must just be our room ad they will get to it when they could, we called the Holiday Inn Express down the street, My better half got us a discount which made it cheaper then the Days Inn, clean well appointed just as handy to the wedding site and they had hot water and a balcony. Not only did we leave the Days Inn , demanding and getting a refund and reduced rate, but I also contacted all the family memebers who were to stay at the same hotel and told them of our situation and our move, Holiday Inn Express extended the same rate to my family memebers who all switched to the Holiday Inn. Express down town Edmonton. Days Inn You lost a loyal customer. You should look at your Edmonton operation, it is not a good embassador for your corporate name. Looking and acting pretty skid row.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our downtown Edmonton hotel delivers on the Days Inn slogan of offering "The Best Value Under the Sun." We certainly offer the best value in Edmonton. Inside our award-winning Days Inn Downtown Edmonton Hotel, our ambiance will help you relax from the mayhem of business and travel. Our enthusiastic and friendly staff is eager to make your visit to Edmonton, Alberta a success. ***Please Note : Our Parking lot is undergoing renovations to improve our guest experience. We thank you for you understanding.*** ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com and HostelWorld so you can book your Days Inn Edmonton Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn Downtown Edmonton Hotel Edmonton
- Days Inn Edmonton Downtown Alberta
- Edmonton Days Inn