All reviewsirish pubgateway blvdfront desk stafffloor facingsouth common shoppingclosed for renovationsbreakfast restaurantroom was cleansouthgate mallclose to the airportbusiness tripwould stay againnice breakfastconvenient locationhot tubqueen bedone night stay
Reviewed October 4, 2017 via mobile

Starting from the friendly receptionists there‘s Tony who needs special mentions. He was especially helpful to make sure I was happy with my stay.

Rooms were very clean and the laundry machines on level 6 were a blessing.

The usual restaurant got upgraded but the breakfast in the bar was something new and refreshing.

The waiter was doing an amazing service and I miss the talks about sports and the many places he worked.

Advice: ask for a room to the street as the other side features train tracks...

Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed September 16, 2017 via mobile

Hotel room was very clean. I'm very OCD with cleanliness and I found no faults. The bed was very comfy. The air-conditioning was very loud through out the night but I find this in most hotels in this price range. The coffee even though Kurig didn't have enough sugar or cream. Gym was average, also had a pool and hot tub.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
Abdul M, Manager at Holiday Inn Conference Ctr Edmonton South, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2018

Thank you Hayley M for your review and rating - I am glad you had a good stay with us at the Holiday Inn Conference Centre Edmonton South!

I'm very delighted that you didn't find any faults - we take pride in cleanliness and take it very seriously. We also are working on our air-conditioning units - we've completely changed 80% of our units and yet to complete the rest to brand new ones that are very quite.
As for the sugar - we do offer the standard sachets nevertheless are at a complimentary basis at anytime you wish to have more.

We all look forward to welcoming you back soon - thank you again for your review and for staying with us!

Best Regards
Abdul M.

Reviewed September 12, 2017

Do NOT hand your luggage over to the front desk staff for safekeeping while your out and about. They kept my bag in the managers office with the door propped open all day. When they handed me my bag back I discovered my tablet was missing, along with my deodorant and my visine. The manager said he would do an investigation. I told him it was not left in my room it was in my bag. I remember clearly putting it in the bag and wondered if it should be next to my water bottle since it might get scratched. Do not trust them with your stuff!

Room Tip: Go west. You will feel the rumbling of the train
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Conference Ctr Edmonton South, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2017

Hello Giselle C,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at Holiday Inn Conference Center Edmonton South, Canada. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Orlando A.

Reviewed September 7, 2017 via mobile

If an airport hotel can sound proof against air plane noise I'm not sure why this hotel can do something more to sound proof this place. Listen to train noise all night. Brutal, no sleep. In the morning went to the pub for breakfast, took one look and left. Went to the Humptys next door. Have stayed at lots of hotel offering free breakfast and they usually have more variety than this place. Eggs in shells in boiling water, yogurt, sliced ham and I'm not sure what else but nothing looked good. Rate is great but that's the only thing good about this place. I'm surprised the Holiday Inn does not have higher standards. Sheds a poor light on the entire chain

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Conference Ctr Edmonton South, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2017

Hi A May M,

Thank you for your stay and for your valuable review. We rely on guest feedback as this will allow us to improve wherever possible. Our goal has always been to provide our guests with the best hospitality service and I am sorry to read about the disappointments you had with the soundproofing conditions in the room and with the breakfast served. Our guest's comfort remains a priority and I apologize for letting you feel otherwise.

Your comments are noted and will be shared with our management team to review the procedures we have in place and make necessary improvements accordingly.

Ingrid V.

Reviewed September 3, 2017

We stayed 3 nights - Aug 25-26-27

ROOM - our room was super clean. (and believe me I am MRS. CLEAN) !!. HOWEVER - we did not have a microwave in our room (222) and we really could have used one. Mattress seemed to be getting a little old but still comfy. Room is not very soundproof - could hear everything in the hallway - I am a light sleeper - had to have the air on all night to block out the noise. could hear ppl talking - laughing - coming and going - don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with that, I am not the noise Nazi, BUT the rooms should be more sound proof than that. .

RESTAURANT - renos were just being finished in the lobby area - so restaurant is pretty much full of that drywall dust all the time - but staff were really good - very friendly - we did not eat there - just had coffee in the morning and left for the day, returning after supper, so I cannot comment on the food.

NOW THE REALLY BAD PART - the hot tub is very dirty - go in there and turn on the jets BEFORE YOU GET IN - you will see how scummy the bubbles are - and the ring around the top of the hot tub - disgusting! I have NEVER EVER seen a hottub in that condition.

Stayed: August 2017
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Conference Ctr Edmonton South, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2017

Hi broomhilda10,

Thank you for going out of your way to write us a review. I am sorry to read that your stay was not exceptional because of some issues, particularly with the sound proofing of the room, restaurant being dusty due to renovation and work is the condition of the hot tub. I would like to assure you that we pay careful attention to feedback such as you have provided, taking immediate steps to correct any deficiencies. While I wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve.

I know that this stay may not have been the best but I am hopeful for another opportunity to welcome you back for an improved experience.

Ronald R.