“crappy hotel”

Hampton Inn by Hilton Edmonton/South
Ranked #15 of 91 Hotels in Edmonton
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Arrogant staff, lousy house keeping, hot tub sucked, charged different rate than what was booked over the phone. noisey room and hallway. Didn't bother to try the breakfast. Tre brand new socks on metal edges where the carpet meets the tile, glad no one snagged skin...

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Farid J, General Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Edmonton/South, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on trip advisor. I do apologize for the inconvenience you encountered during your stay with us and appreciate the feedback.

I would be happy to discuss this with you further at your earliest convenience. I can be reached at farid.janmohamed@hilton.com or (780) 801 - 2902.

I look forward to speaking with you.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Was not impressed with this hotel. They had air conditioning on and it was -31 outside. This made going to and from poool very uncomfortable. Pool was freezing hot tube was luke warm. Sleep was okay but the breakfast left us still wanting Tim's!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on trip advisor. I do appreciate the feedback regardfing your recent stay with us and apologize for the inconvenience you encountered .

I will certainly share your experience with the team and would be happy to discuss this with you in more detail.

I can be contacted via email at farid.janmohamed@hilton.com or my direct line at (780) 801 - 2902.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I stayed for a night. This is a new property. Rooms were overall clean (although scuffing seen on walls) and equipped with a microwave and mini fridge (that worked!). Free breakfasts offered solid value (including some hot items like sausage). The freshly baked cookies available when checking in was a nice touch! Good location for people heading in on highway 2 or if you need to be in the south part of Edmonton.

• Stayed: December 2012

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on trip advisor. I am glad to see that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

On behalf of the staff and management at the hotel, we thank you for the business and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

This hotel had a deal on rooms and a pool so we booked it as we had an early flight the next morning.
First, they charge you $20 for each extra person. So unless you're staying alone, you'll be paying a lot for a family.
Second, we were put in a room on top of a party so the music was coming though the floor.
When we had to move, after packing our stuff up and going to bed, front desk screwed up our room key and some random guy walked in as we were changing.
I'm writing this review in the room, two hours past bedtime. Someone keeps calling our room. No discounts, coupons or reimbursement was offered for our troubles. I'd have been happier at the best western across the street.
Never again.

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank Carla H
Farid J, General Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Edmonton/South, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on trip advisor. We certainly appreciate your feedback and do apologize for the inconvenience you encountered during your stay with us.

I would be happy to discuss this with you and address the issues you encountered as this is not what you come to expect from the Hampton.

I can be contacted directly at (780) 801 - 2902 and look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for the first time (although I am partial to Hampton Inns). Very clean, quiet and comfortable. Easy access to the highways and a great shopping area called South Common Mall. I would recommend it for any business traveller.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I have stayed at this location three times and enjoy the visit each time. The rooms are very nice and the quality of the beds are wonderful, I love the mattress, pillows and bedding. The free breakfast provided is one of the best provided by hotels I have stayed at for quality, selection and service I would recommend this hotel to everyone and look forward to my next stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Donna K
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I stayed for 1 night on business. The property is what you would expect from Hampton. The front desk staff were excellent. The room was fine, except the traffic noise from the highway seems to get in rather easily. Check in was efficient. Location is good, a is a little south of where the large shopping area is, about five minutes away. Pretty much anything else in Edmonton is within a half hour drive. I will stay again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business