“Relaxing!”

The Westin Edmonton
Ranked #17 of 91 Hotels in Edmonton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 18, 2011

We had an amazing stay at this hotel. The service we got was beyond great. Anything we needed was taken care of at a drop of a hat. The staff was wonderful and very accomodating! We really appreciated they're concern for our comfort and enjoyment.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,311)

Reviewed February 16, 2011

My husband and I recently went to Edmonton to experience their fabulous Symphony Orchestra. We stayed at the Westin, and found our experience to be first-class, all the way! The rooms were large with comfy beds, the staff was extremely polite and helpful, the food in the restaurant "Share" was delicious (you simply MUST sample the sweet-potatoe/pecan pie! To die for!) We appreciated the "green" policy for cleaning rooms. The location was ideal, with easy access to the BEAUTIFUL Winspear Centre, as well as downtown restaurants and shopping. I would like to especially mention Nella Mirante, the guest services manager. She went out of her way to make us feel welcome! What a treat! We hope to get back up to the Edmonton area when we can enjoy the hiking trails in the river valley....and you can be sure that we will stay at the Westin!!!!!

Reviewed February 14, 2011

Before I left my home, I decided to call to ensure that the cappuccino machine was in working order. I spoke to Pauline who proceeded to ask me how I enjoyed my cappuccino....well, when I arrived at the hotel, a soy capp. was delivered to me with a biscotti and a small orchid with a card welcoming me to the hotel. This absolutely set the tone for a wonderful stay....and by the way, the beds are so comfy!!!!! I will be back.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 9, 2011

Many thanks to Lisa at front desk for taking the time to give us a complimentary upgrade to a junior suite. It was also lovely to receive a $50 gift certificate for our massage, and 2 bottles of wine and a fruit and cheese platter. Wow! I really did not expect all this. I told her it was a break from our little kids, and she really went the distance! Hats off to Lisa. The junior suite was very spacious - 9th floor overlooking the Citadel and downtown was really neat! The service was punctual and friendly. Breakfast buffet was excellent lots and lots to choose from. Hotel was very clean and every staff member had a smile on their face. For what we paid, we would stay at the Westin instead of the Fairmont Hotel Macdonald any day.

Reviewed February 9, 2011

Visited The Westin Edmonton last week - spent three great nights. Staff was friendly/helpful, breakfast buffet was tasty and had a wide variety, hotel was nice 'n clean. A plus was their green program re: housekeeping!

Proud to have been a guest and will definitely return! Great price point for quality service!

Reviewed February 4, 2011

Over the years I have stayed over 300 days. My reason for this review is to single out one particular staff for going above and beyond what one would expect from a hotel of this quality staff member. Her name is Nella Mirante, her title is Guest Experience Manager. This is a new title for me and quite frankly many other hotel would learn from this excellent staff member. Her way with people and her willingness to assist the hotel guests, is quite outstanding.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 31, 2011

My sister and I had the most delightful experience with the guest experience manager-Nella Mirante! Her pleasant manner and her playful sense of humor was refreshing. Nella was very helpful and personable and definitely excels at her profession. Because of our experience we wouldn't hesitate to reccommend The Westin!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business