The Westin Edmonton
Union Bank Inn(Edmonton)
$139
Union Bank Inn
1,398 results
All reviewsheavenly bedcity hallthe shaw conference centreroom servicecentral locationvalet parkingheart of downtownfront desk staffchecking inbusiness tripspgcitadelgymdoormanconventionparkadelrt
Reviewed April 5, 2010

This has been without a doubt, the best Hotel stay I have ever experienced. I say 'experience' because it was just that, a wonderful experience. This was a personal get away for me for the weekend and everything from getting out of my car at the front door, to check-in, to all the staff I encountered were absolutely fabulous going out of their way to please. I ordered room service 4 times; each time I had a different staff member and each time they were so polite, happy, caring young people and went out of their way to make sure every in suite meal was just what I ordered. Each tray presentation was marvelous, an orchid on EVERY tray, GREAT coffee too! They definitely did not skimp on their portions, huge! I was soooooo stuffed after each meal. Four different meals, all delicious, made to order and fresh. They brought me a gift bag filled with bath products because I mentioned that I loved their toiletries. I was in shock! They even included a candle of the same fragrance. Another gal brought me 2 bouquets of flowers on my last day just because I said I loved the orchids on the food trays. One bouquet of TULIPS and one bouquet of ORCHIDS. I cannot say enough about the Hotel but I think I've said it all. I will definitely back, SOON!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo
Kat_Westin, Executive Offices at The Westin Edmonton, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2010

Our associates take utmost care of our guests and it is truly our pleasure to be of service.

The Westin Edmonton looks forward to hosting you again in the future.

Reviewed April 4, 2010

The rooms were fine. Check in smooth, Parking extra- $28! We were guests on Friday, March 26th. At 9:30 pm the pool was packed with 30 high spirited kids (hockey team). Three parents sitting in the corner accompanying them did nothing to correct the behaviour. There was no dry seating due to all the splashing. The pool area had plates of food, glasses, pop, wrappers etc. As the behaviour was so rambunctious, our preschooler was unable to enjoy the pool.. We chose this hotel to avoid the Super 8 scene and will reconsider in the future. The wait to retrieve our vehicle was 1/2 hour.

Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Kat_Westin, Executive Office at The Westin Edmonton, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2010

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments.

I apologize that your stay with us was marred by your experience in our pool area. Please be assured that the disturbance you encountered is not typical of the Westin Edmonton.

If you would like to discuss your recent experience with us further, please feel free to contact westinedmonton.01079@westin.com.

We would welcome the opportunity to ensure that your next stay with us is the exceptional Westin experience you deserve.

Reviewed April 3, 2010

Reservations - just a warning to those out there who decide to reserve via telephone. I tried to book online but it wouldn't accept my rewards card so I called in to reserve. The lady told me the best rate was over $100 more than what was showing online. I asked her 3 times if that was the best rate available, each time she came back about $20 cheaper. Finally I said the online rate was $89 - do I need to book online to get that rate? And she said, 'no I can give you that rate'. So obviously they won't offer you the best rate unless you're willing to negotate! I found that a little dishonest.

We arrived at the hotel and check-in was quick. When we got to our room we noticed that everything was covered in dust. You could even see a layer of dust on the white sheets. There was so much dust on the night stand that I could write my name in it. I hate to complain but was so grossed out by it that I called to have it cleaned. When we returned a few hours later, it was much better. There was still a lot of dust in the room (on the tv, the hair dryer, etc) but most surfaces had been wiped. Unfortunately, the stay continued to go downhill. Our room key stopped working 3 times which required a trip down to the front desk (often with the baby and bags in tow) and not once did we get an apology or an explanation. There was only one robe provided, the mini-bar was moldy and smelly, and there were fewer amenities than you'd find at Super 8. I had to call to ask for a shower cap and a second bar of soap. When I called to ask about getting the mini bar stocked with pop, we were told they didn't do that anymore but we could order a can of pop from room service for about $7 (no thanks). We paid $26 for self-parking only to find when we returned about 10pm, there was no parking available. My husband had to park down the street. We did get our $26 back and it was much cheaper to park in the underground parking at the library but once again inconvienent. We were disappointed to find there was no hot tub and the pool bathrooms were in desperate need of a cleaning and updating. Oh yeah and the alarm clock was set to wake us up at 6am. I would have assumed that would be routine for housekeeping to turn the alarms off (but then again, I also would have assumed they would clean the room). And lastly, after a morning swim, we were unable to get an elevator to take us back to the room. We waited over 20 minutes and all elevators going up and down were full. Finally we walked down to the main lobby and waited another 10 mins there to get an elevator. I was going to mention the problems we encountered when checking out but the staff never asked about our stay so I decided we would just leave and never return. We stay at a lot of hotels and this ranks right up there with the worst experiences yet.

Positives: the heavenly beds were comfortable and the in-room coffee was the best I've had (although you only get two cups).

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank Zmu

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments.

While I am pleased that you enjoyed our Heavenly Beds and our coffee, I truly apologize that you had an overall negative experience with us. If you would like to discuss your experience with us further, I welcome you to contact us by email at
westinedmonton.01079@westin.com

I hope to have the opportunity to host you again.

Reviewed March 30, 2010

When I arrived in my room, there was an ice bucket with a bottle of champagne, fruit tray, travel guide and a card, signed by the staff, congratulating me on my upcoming retirement. Thank you for your gift, it was appreciated. Because of this kindness I will be staying the Westin Edmonton more often than I had planned after I retire.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Kat_Westin, Executive Office at The Westin Edmonton, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2010

Thank you for your kind words. Our associates take the utmost care of our guests and it is truly our pleasure to be of service. We are glad you had an enjoyable stay and look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Be well

Reviewed March 29, 2010

This is a great hotel. Comfortable beds and towels and sheets that are not worn out. Stay here often and when I stayed for a week in March, I was sick with bronchitis. I ordered room service one evening and the lady who delivered heard me cough and realized I was sick. 20 mins later she return with a pot of herbal tea with honey and fresh cut ginger (on the house). This is definitely the best service I have ever received in a hotel.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Debbie P

Thank you for being a guest of The Westin Edmonton and leaving valuable comments on the remarkable service you received during your stay with us. It is only through guest feedback such as yours that we are able to recognize those associates who truly create excellent guest experiences.