1,452 results
All reviewsheavenly bedcity hallthe shaw conference centreroom servicecentral locationheart of downtownvalet parkingfront desk staffbusiness tripchecking inspggymcitadeldoormanconventionparkadelrt
Reviewed February 21, 2010

I have stayed at this hotel 3 times in the past year, and have come to have a level of expectation of this Westin. First, it's not like other Westin's (as other posters have mentioned). That aside, we were given a recently upgraded King room. The bed was not typical Heavenly. It was hard, the pillows were lumpy. Our room was only bussed for 1 person (2 were on the reservation), so I had to phone and have them bring up another robe and more water. Yet, the phone didn't work. There was no stocked mini-bar, just an empty fridge that did not work.
Upon check-in we were advised that the parking policy had changed, and we had to go put a pass on our dash or we would get a ticket - kind of a pain when we had just come up from the parkade (this is new).

What I will say that made our stay great was the service we received in the Pradera Lounge. We went there for a late dinner on our second night and our server was oustanding.

I think the next time I have to go to Edmonton, I may consider the Fairmont.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
katherine_schell, General Manager at The Westin Edmonton, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. While I am pleased that you enjoyed the service you received in Pradera lounge, I truly apologize that you had an overall negative experience with us and did not enjoy the room product. Additionaly, parking changes have been made as a result of guest feedback such as yours to allow our guests in and out privilege during their stay. I am sorry if this change did not have the positive outcome that was intended.
If you would like to discuss your experience with us further, I welcome you to contact us by email at
WestinEdmonton.01079@westin.com

I hope to have the opportunity to host you again.

Reviewed February 18, 2010

We were at the Westin on a conference weekend. The rooms were at a great price, very up to date with the décor , also the location of the hotel is in the heart of downtown. Everything is at your finger tips the mall is close with a movie theater and a great night life up the street. The food was exceptional and we had the pleasure to meet a chef that came around after the service to see how the food was. His name is Francois, asked us how our stay was and if there was anything that he can do to make our stay better. And the service staffs of the dining room are very friendly too and have great knowledge of the city on what to do. Our servers name was April.
I highly recommend this hotel for a place of business and leisure.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank the_cdn_traveller

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We were pleased to read that you enjoyed our hotel and that our associates connected with you in a positive way.

We hope to see you again very soon for your next stay in Edmonton.

Reviewed February 8, 2010

I will start with the good, very nice gym and pool. The pool was open 24 hours. The rooms were very nice and spacious. The hotel is a great location if you have to stay downtown.

All that being said there are better choices for downtown hotels as far as value goes.

Booked the rooms months ago and had 4 rooms reserved in a row, 3 of them to be adjoining. When we checked in only 2 were adjoining and the other 2 rooms were down the hall. The frustrating part was that the 3rd adjoining room had no guests in it for the duration of our stay, so I do not know why we were not able to have that room?

Our cold water tap in our room would only produce hot water, so I was getting drinking water from the bathtub for 4 days. The shower would scald you and then freeze you. The housekeeping was horrible, the first day they tried to clean the room before 9 am when we were still in bed. The second day it was not done until after 5 pm and all that was done was get the bed made. They could not even be bothered to bring us new glasses for our bathtub water. Did not put the new roll of toilet paper on even though the one on there was empty.

Now for the parking $28 a night!!!!! Now for that you do get heated underground parking, oh wait unless that is full then you still pay $28 for outside in the cold?? Internet is $11 a night, what a joke. Sunday brunch looked very good but was $32.

As mentioned above the pool is nice and is open 24 hours but has NO hot tub and the saunas are separated in to womens and mens so I could not even go in the sauna with my wife.

Overall it is a nice hotel but it is just ridiculously overpriced, don't get me wrong I am not some cheap skate. I just want something for what I pay for it and I can get alot more somewhere else.

I will not be staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments. As a guest at The Westin Edmonton, you had every right to expect the highest level of accomodation and service. I do apologize that this was not the case this time. If you would like to discuss your recent experience with us further, please feel free to contact us at westinedmonton.01079@westin.com.

We would be welcome the opportunity to ensure that your next stay with us is the exceptional Westin experience you deserve.

Reviewed January 24, 2010

Stayed here for one Saturday night while visiting Edmonton- Used SPG points. Hotel is ok, rooms are your average Westin Rooms- rooms were clean but service could be better. Check-in person was very abrupt. No real restaurant to speak of and parking not enough for size of hotel.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed January 2, 2010

This hotel used to be the gem of Edmonton and commended a lot of respect by its name. But as time has gone on the hotel has lost its gleam. I still think the chain still commands respect but not this runt. This Christmas I booked through a site that books without telling you the hotel name till the end, for a great price.. south of ninety dollars. When the name came up I was surprised and thought that I would be in for a treat! In summary I was dissatisfied and angry.

The hotel is definitely starting to show its age. The lobby is old and lacks the polish a 4 star should have. The furniture is out of date and old looking. The check-in area is well lit and modern looking but if you look to the lounge it is quite drab. The hotel looks the same, way back in '95 when I was there for my Iron Ring Ceremony.

The rooms are of a decent size but the room I was in was also starting to show its age. Let’s start at the radiator by the window; it is loud and rusty in some corners. The window sills had some paint/plaster flaking due to the weathering. The carpet was starting to show it's wear and tear. The walls were generally clean but in certain corners had stains and showed signs of wear and tear. The drapes were dirty and dusty.

To fit in with the chain's "Heavenly" theme, the beds had been upgraded. There were plenty of pillows with varying degrees of hardness/softness. Also the shower and the towels followed the "Heavenly" theme with respectable upgrades.

Let me get to the cleanliness of the room or lack off. Let me just begin by saying that without any scrutiny you will feel like you have stepped into a dirty room. I found over 7 long hairs on the bed sheets, yuck! The window had a stain which somewhat resembled a spit or something vulgar. The bathroom was worse. The bath tub resembled the same color as those used in Mr. Clean commercials. The drain plug did not function properly and was just propped in the open position. There was mildew everywhere. The tiles were dirty and cracked. There were hairs on the floor and under the sink area. I just felt dirty being in the room. I was glad my family and I only came back to the room to sleep.

Let me summarize and describe why I was dissatisfied for the deal I got:
- Aging hotel
- Aging room
- UNACCEPTABLE cleanliness
- Dirty room
- $27/day Parking Fees
- $10/day in room Internet
- Exorbitant prices for everything (eg. Continental Breakfast - $28 without tip)
- On New Years Eve, 1 waiter for the entire lounge. Poor guy! The wait was over 30 mins.
- Bad apples in staff

This leads me to why I was angry. There was a particular front desk staff that is not only rude but quite unprofessional (You know who you are Ms. C). I stayed at this hotel on two separate occasions on this trip. At the end of the first stay I noticed that I was not charged the parking. When I went to the front desk during the check out to clear it up, one of the staff said thank you and Merry Christmas and basically waived the fees. I thought what a kind person and though no more of the incident. Although I had been dissatisfied with the room I figured it was a wash considering the outcome.

The nightmare began when I checked in for the second time. Ms. C was helping me during the check in. I had asked her about whether the hotel had a room with 2 queens when she laughed and said "You know you did not get charged for the parking in your last stay". I had told her about the fact that the bill is now closed and that the staff helping me during the check out waived the fees. She then abruptly asked me for my credit card and proceeded to check me in. I thought that it was just an off day and thought nothing of it. On the morning of my check out I received the bill under the door... With the (you guessed it) charge for the previously waived parking fees. I paid the fess and will not deal with hotel again. Edmonton has plenty of good respectable hotels; don't waste your money on this one. Even with a deal from a deal site. But if you are paying full price DO NOT even go near it. If you see an Asian lady with a deceiving smile behind the lobby, you are going to get "helped".

Even with the terrible service I got, in all fairness there were a couple of goods:
- I got a room with 2 doubles for less than ninety USD a night.
- On the first stay, they sent up a Christmas platter of chocolates, nuts and a greeting card.
- The location was good had a great view of the New Years Eve celebration fireworks.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank Overnight_Dad

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. As a management team, we take all comments seriously and share them with our associates to help prevent any similar occurrences. I sincerely apologize for the series of challenges you faced while a guest with us. If you would like to discuss your experience with a member of our team please send an email to westinedmonton.01079@westin.com so we may address these issues with you directly.