The Westin Edmonton
$103
$93
$79
Agoda.com
Days Inn Edmonton South(Edmonton)(Great Value!)
$91
$73
Hotwire.com
$110
$99
1,383 results
All reviewsheavenly bedcity hallthe shaw conference centreroom servicecentral locationvalet parkingheart of downtownfront desk staffchecking inbusiness tripspgcitadelgymdoormanconventionparkadelrt
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

Had never been to Edmonton before so I didn't know what to expect but this is one of those hotels located in the financial district so it's dead..nothing to do without venturing a distance. Hotel was built in the 70's and frankly the decor is the same. Not at all what you expect from a Westin..in fact, I asked if Westin had recently taken it over ( and would soon renovate it) but alas, they built it.
Bedding stunk..pillows had that "old man's smelly head" smell.. again not the bedding one expects from Westin

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Lglbgl3
Joumana G, General Manager at The Westin Edmonton, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Dear Lglbgl3,

I am sorry that you were not able to find anything to do downtown during your recent stay. We have a very rich culture in the immediate area surrounding the hotel. There are many bars and restaurants within 2-3 blocks of the hotel, the movie theatre across the street in the mall, theatre and symphony just a block away not to mention the river valley for those that want to take a walk in beautiful surroundings.

Our team has many options available to suggest and can find things for almost any interest you may have.

Be Well,
Joumana

Reviewed August 29, 2013

The Westin Staff as usual were excellent to deal with but, the restaurant was good for breakfast...but the rooms at least the two I stayed in left much to be desired...the decor was dated and the hallway noise was quite noticeable from the room - very difficult to rest peacefully.

Pros:
Location - Shopping and Great Restaurants in walking distance
Staff - Always attentive and willing to help.

Cons:
Rooms - decor,
Look and feel overall needs to be spruced up to meet my standards for a Westin hotel.

Please Note - Make sure to book your Sunday Dinner plans in advance, most of the good restaurants are closed Sunday so it's hard to secure a spot at the open ones. The staff was very helpful in this regard.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with the Arch windows facing 100th...great view of the city.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Darace,

Thank you for taking the time to detail your experience with us. I am pleased to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay with us. We are in the final planning stages for renovating our rooms. The designers have given us the final drawings and we are working on the budget to proceed with this work.

We look forward to hosting you again.

Be well,
Joumana

Reviewed August 28, 2013

I stayed at the Westin for a week mid August, I was booked into an Executive room, lovely comfortable bed but, only one bedside table, the bed faced the window so could not see the TV from the bed, the single chair was very uncomfortable, the coffee maker was broken and the second one leaked water everywhere, the bathrooms are dated, you are stood in shadow to shave, and also when having a shower, very poor lighting, worst of all on several occasions I ended up cleaning my teethe with hot water from the cold tap, I had to show the maid as I thought they would not believe me!! Also a lot of noise through the adjoining door to adjacent rooms. Very noisy door closures.

Room Tip: Keep away from the lifts,
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 26, 2013

If your looking for a little nicer hotel in downtown Edmonton, this is not a bad option because of the price and location. If your looking for high end rooms or great service look elsewhere. At both check in and check out the front desk staff were far from friendly. Stayed at the hotel Friday and Saturday night, was out of the hotel most of Saturday and when we returned after midnight the room had not been cleaned. When I phoned down the first response wasn't "Oh so sorry", it was did you leave the do not disturbed sign on the door. I'm not an idiot, thank you. Even if I was, a good customer service rep does suggest that out of the gate. The rooms are ok, definitely not 4 star but a solid 3 - 3.5. They look a little dated and worn, not like they came from the 90's but for sure the mid 2000's. But while they are not as nice as the rooms at the Westin in Calgary, the beds are really great! And finally the parking at the hotel is a joke. Unless you plan on parking in the afternoon and never leaving the underground garage, expect to park outside (which is still the same price).

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank WorldTraveller570
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I spend about 40 nights per year in hotels.

I booked the Westin with some trepidation as the recent reviews were not good at all. The Westin easily exceeded my very low expectations.

The room was clean and modern. The air conditioning worked. The beds were comfortable.

The staff was pleasant, helpful and seemed interested in what had brought us to Edmonton.

This is a good hotel. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family