Even with the construction in front that makes you use a side entrance, this is a great hotel--I've tried several in Edmonton on my annual business trips here.
1. Prompt check in. I arrived late at night after a long flight from Toronto. The person ahead of me was having a complicated problem that was keeping the desk person occupied, so presto, someone appeared from the back room to check me in quickly, which I really appreciated.
2. Super comfortable bed in a clean, modern room. Westin beds are some of the best.
3. Good wi-fi access. Pricey, but the same as comparable hotels.
4. Bar is small but service is great and friendly.
5. Front desk staff are knowledgeable about the area when you ask about restaurant options and the nearest Tim Horton's.
1. Bathroom is too chic and modern. The fancy lighting doesn't illuminate the mirror at all, so I had trouble seeing myself while shaving in the morning and had to shave by the mirror over the desk in my room.
2. Coffee machine water reservoir was full of dust and old grime. Had to clean it out myself to use it. On the plus side, they replenished the coffee and tea supplies that I used while I was gone for the day; lots of places don't. And most places don't have very clean coffee machines for some reason.More
- Free Wifi