$90
Hampton.com
$79
$72
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $84/night.

$112
$90
Courtyard
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $111/night.

$81
$137
Fairmont.com
  • Pool
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $153/night.

Matrix Hotel(Edmonton)
$115
$109
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $125/night.

1,432 results
All reviewsheavenly bedcity hallroom servicethe shaw conference centrecentral locationheart of downtownvalet parkingfront desk staffchecking inbusiness tripspggymcitadeldoormanconventionparkadelrt
Reviewed April 13, 2012

I'm guessing this was just a bad day for the Westin because wow - talk about a miss for what is usually a great hotel chain!! I should probably start with the positive and note how fantastic the staff are, the team at the front counter, valet and concierge were outstandingly polite and friendly and they deserve full credit for excellence in customer service. As for the property not so much. I could start with the fact that after 3 hrs of trying to get the room to cool down, ultimately the operations people acknowledged that the system doesn't work in the cool mode in April, so the best they could offer was a fan. While a poor climate control system in an older property isn't a deal breaker, throw in a robe with a hole, paint peeling off of a dirty bathroom back splash, cracked and dirty light plates, a pile of cables dumped on the floor by the bed, $30 for parking, $30 for internet access per item (don't bring a laptop, iphone and ipad or you'll be expected to pay $90 a day for wifi if you're using the hotel's system), and a charge if you want an additional coffee pack for your room and the value and experience is a record low for a Westin property. At $200+ a night there are way better and newer options in much lower grade hotels. As a constant business traveler I have to admit this was real surprise as someone has lost the plot here as the costs and experience don't jive.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Jedavan
LE_Westin-ExecOffice, Executive Assistant at The Westin Edmonton, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2012

Dear Jedavan,

Thank you for posting your comments. While I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay, I am sorry to learn that you experienced challenges with our rooms.

April is a shoulder season month and starting our chiller to cool the rooms requires cooperation from mother nature. Until the median temperature stays steady for at least one hour, we cannot start the system. Our engineering team has been working tirelessly, watching the weather and just waiting for the moment that we could activate the system. It is running now. Our apologies that this impacted your stay.

We are still in the planning stages for renovating our rooms. As you can imagine, this is a process that must be done in small stages in order to create the least amount of impact to our guests. The concerns you raise will all be addressed through that process.

If you would like to discuss your concerns with us further, please email us at WestinEdmonton.01079@westin.com

Louise

Reviewed April 12, 2012

There is no other place I would choose to stay in Edmonton when I am in the downtown area. This hotel is clean and the employees are very friendly. You always get a smile at the door from the valet/porters and the front desk staff are ready to answer any question you might have. I love love love (!) the beds, their 'heavenly beds' are amazing soft and comfortable. The rooms are spacious and modern (unlike other hotels in the area). The pool and fitness centre are open 24 hours, which is great for travellers who arrive late or wake up early. Another thing I enjoy is daily delivery of the Globe and Mail. And for the environmentally conscious, you can decline room service and get a $5 voucher to use at the hotel for food (one per night). Oh, and the last thing I enjoy is the free bottle of water and the adorable leaf shaped soaps. During my last stay, the guest services manager left me a small thank-you, which meant a lot to me.

My only complaint about this hotel is that they do not have free internet access for guesrs. I would appreciate if they offered at least 1 hour free per day. Other than that, I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 9, 2012

Traditionally on a trip back to by hometown, we normally stay with friends or family. However, as our family has grown, we find it harder to stay with our usual bunch of people who offer us a place to stay. Now, family spaces become too small or chaotic to accommodate us, so we decided to try staying in a hotel in downtown Edmonton.

We came across the Westin through a Priceline bid. I can say for certainty that we received more than fair value for the price we paid. An email request in advance to the hotel for a room that had two beds, plus a crib was replied to and accepted within an hour. When we arrived, we decided to valet park the car, and the valet service was courteous and quick. The bellmen were very courteous and prompt, as was the check-in process. The room was clean and spacious. Requests for an extra bath robe and bed rails were brought up quickly.

We will stay here again in the future!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank blkjck5697

Dear blkjck5697,

Thank you for being a guest of The Westin Edmonton and leaving valuable comments on the remarkable service you received during your stay with us. It is only through guest feedback such as yours that we are able to recognize those associates who truly create excellent guest experiences.

I hope the rest of your trip was as delightful and we look forward to the next time you are visiting family. We would love to host you again.

Louise

Reviewed April 8, 2012

Wonderful hotel and location. Very close to city center mall. Nice staff, clean rooms, comfortable stay.

Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed April 4, 2012

This was our second stay at the Westin and the staff really outdid themselves. There were a few hiccups from our first stay- with that being said, we did talk to management and they were VERY VERY receptive. From start to finish during our second stay, the staff were extremely accommodating and wanted to make our stay perfect. I was in contact with Nella, Guest Experience Manager, and she helped me plan a perfect stay!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple