I stayed for two nights at the Westin for a conference. I booked it at the conference "special" rate, which was $209 for a king deluxe room. The check in was quick, but then again, it was a Wednesday night. I was not offered any help to take my luggage up to room; not a big deal since I only had one suitcase. The elevators were very slow. My room was in a separate wing, I guess quieter than the rest of the hotel. Room was quite large, with a king bed, large work desk, chaise lounge, large dresser, small flat screen tv. Bathroom was ordinary and quite small. The first thing I noticed was the frayed edge of the carpet between the bathroom and entryway. Next were the brown stains in the toilet bowl, and the grimy tub. Wasn't sure it had been cleaned, but the toiletries were all new. Bed was nice, with a fluffy duvet and crisp sheets, but nothing was tucked in and it looked rumpled. Again, had the room been properly cleaned? Ordered room service and it took 40 minutes and cost $53 for a chicken panini, fries, a glass of wine and a bowl of "seasonal" berries (mostly blueberries). I had to pay for wireless Internet -$9.95 a day, and the found out it was only good in my room and the main areas of hotel. When I needed Internet at the conference, I had to pay an extra $12.95! Parking was $26 if you parked yourself and $30 for valet. Got the valet since I wasn't going to be driving anywhere. Someone else at the conference said they got a package for $30 which included parking and Internet. This was never offered to me. I took the offer of 500 SPG points in return for no housekeeping, but Then I only had coffee for one morning. My bill for two nights totaled $650! Bottom line is this is an overpriced, overrated hotel that rests on the fact that it is a great downtown location. To compare - I paid $180 a night for the Bellagio in Vegas, which is a 5 star luxury hotel. Come on, Westin, get off your high horse and start charging prices that fit with your a actual status.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of downtown, a few steps away from the beautiful North Saskatchewan River Valley Park system. We are within a 10 minute walking distance of the Shaw Conference Center, Roger's Place Arena, and the City Centre Mall. Staying at The Westin Edmonton means you are moments from the best shopping, dining, arts and entertainment Edmonton has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Starwood, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your The Westin Edmonton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Edmonton Hotel Edmonton
- Westin Edmonton
- Edmonton Westin
- The Westin Edmonton Alberta