We found the hotel to be top notch. I don't know what type of hotels some of these other reviewers are used to staying at but, with extensive experience ourselves, we found this property and all of it's amenities to meet or exceed our expectations.
At check-in we were immediately greeted warmly and treated with the utmost hospitality with smiles and helpful inqiries from all staff we encountered. Was easily given a modest upgrade upon asking (from trad. dbl to SPG room king). Bellman offered us water before he even took our bag - provided nice opening of room - demostrating operation & features, setting t'stat, etc. to wife while I parked. Was disappointed the fitness area was closed for renos - a mention of this at time of reservation would have been helpful - having had all fitness gear packed. Room was in good condition, very clean, fully funcional, all requirements and a few extras (i.e. wine glasses - nice). Very comfy bed.
Dined at Share restaurant. Was treated very hospitably by Don our waiter & Eddy. Made to feal very comfy - right at home actually. While the service was terrific my meal slightly disappointed: advertised "7 ounce" tenderloin was maybe 3 ounce - maayyybe 4 before cooking - ordered it "medium" cam well done & a little tough. Should have said something - why does it make one so uncomfortable to complain - maybe because the servers are so kind. Rest was exemplary.
Parking is a bit of an issue. I took a parkade 1 block away and bought the maximum time from one of those automated kiosks (no attendant these days) - it said it expired at 8:00 next morning so was a bit anxious although received no ticket & car was still there at 10:00 - recommend using hotel's valet service - I will next time -and yes, there will be a next time. We thoroughly enjoyed our brief stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of downtown, a few steps away from the beautiful North Saskatchewan River Valley Park system. We are within a 10 minute walking distance of the Shaw Conference Center, Roger's Place Arena, and the City Centre Mall. Staying at The Westin Edmonton means you are moments from the best shopping, dining, arts and entertainment Edmonton has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo and HotelTravel.com so you can book your The Westin Edmonton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Edmonton Hotel Edmonton
- Westin Edmonton
- Edmonton Westin
- The Westin Edmonton Alberta