“Guest Server Manager CODY MATTSON” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Westin Edmonton

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
The Westin Edmonton
Ranked #21 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Miami, Florida
“Guest Server Manager CODY MATTSON”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2011

Although I am writing here about THE WESTIN EDMONTON's Guest Service Manager CODY MATTSON I would also like to acknowledge all the employees of this hotel. They are all AWSOME..
I stayed at this hotel from May 2nd till June 30th (weekly basis) for a project that I was working on. Employees have been wonderful all the time. They are basically always trying to find out if you needed any assistance. Once I was trying to fax few pages to my office and I requested one of the guest service employees to do that for me and she went to different floor to fax my paper because fax next to the service desk was not working. She did not mention to me that the fax next to service desk was not working and she has to go upstairs to find a different fax. She just told me to hold on few minutes so she can get it done. She ran to upstairs and faxed those papers and came down quickly to the front desk to inform me that fax has been completed.
Now, let me tell you something about CODY MATTSON. This wonderful your man always takes care of us by providing rooms when hotel was completely full. Sometimes we arrived late or did not have proper booking ahead he basically taken care of booking so we do not have to move to a different hotel. One night we were working later and did not have time to go out for dinner so we ordered some carry outs. After having dinner we realized that every one of us wanted some deserts. We did not know what to do. One of us suggested to call CODY to check if he would ask restaurant manager keep some desert for us before restaurant closes so we can go and grab them. CODY did not only ordered the deserts for us he also delivered them to our office along with some red bulls. …
Some of our engineers stayed in this hotel for more than 6 months they also told me the similar stories of CODY .. .

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank LRExperts
LE_Westin-ExecOffice, Executive Assistant at The Westin Edmonton, responded to this review, August 4, 2011
Hello LRExperts,

Thank you for your wonderful comments and I am pleased that you had an enjoyable experience with us. Our associates take utmost care of our guests and it is truly our pleasure to be of service. Cody and all our associates pride themselves in going the extra mile in ensuring that you leave feeling better than when you arrived.

We look forward to your return.

Louise

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
Alberta, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2011

spent the long weekend at the hotel
great location, food festival in the square just one block over
city center shopping & movie theater just one block over
went to west edmonton mall, drive only took 10 minutes...great directions from valet guys
room was spacious and very clean
great room service, pricey but fast
will be back here again for sure

1 Thank AlbertaTraveller67
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2011

Very comfortable hotel with nice rooms, big bathrooms with double shower heads. Lavender hand towels and complimentary Iced Tea in lobby was a nice touch. Bit disappointed with the lines at the front desk, and the check-in process, in addition to having to get new keys halfway through stay.. Bell hop also seemed a bit out to lunch when trying to move luggage into hotel - showing up with dolly way too late. Yet, the highlight was definitely the exceptional service we received at brunch when the 12 members of our extended family ate in the restaurant. Our server, Eljte W., was friendly, super attentive, patient and brought gifts to the 3 young children in our family. She was also sweet enough to provide us with directions to a local festival delivered straight to the room, attached with complimentary drinks in the bar. This was definitely above and beyond our expectations, and deserves a special thank you.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
travelling
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2011

The Westin in Edmonton is a great hotel. In the city centre, easy to get to and with lots of restaurants in the vicinity.

The room was well appointed, large, with a very comfortable bed and clean bathroom.

Unfortunately the fitness centre is quite small and the change room in need of renovation, but that is the only negative comment I have.

Around the corner there is a great little Greek restaurant called "Its All Greek to Me". Taverna style, feels like a small family run taverna on the islands and the food is very good.

1 Thank schnoodleontheroad
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2011

This is not brand new but amazing views, fabulous service, extraordinary food, and great location more then make up for it! I checked in late at night and went up to my beautiful room! I awoke after a nice rest and went downstairs for a great breakfast. I went off to work and returned for dinner. The food was amazing both meals. They took my dry cleaning and placed it in the closet as promised and I found it when I got back from work. Anything i asked for they delivered (extra pillows, platinum amenity, boarding pass, you name it). There was NEVER a no. The rooms are spacious (Not a box). They do not have the new bathrooms but they are VERY clean. The bed is comfortable. I was very much at home and had no issues sleeping with noise or any other distractions. I WILL stay here again!!!

1 Thank Geekontherun
Winnipeg, Manitoba
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2011

Fantastic Hotel, can't go wrong with Free Starbucks in the lobby every morning.
The beds are amazing.
Double shower heads provided a nice soothing shower after a day of shopping.
Theonly downer was that they charge an arm and a leg for wifi.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank delpay88
Calgary, Alberta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2011

The room was spacious and the bed was comfy! Valet Parking is bit pricey(as it usually is), however, where can you park in downtown? The area is bit shady at night.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family